IR Signal only working when connected to a TV?

I have LIRC working with a Beo4 but I don’t think it is with a TSOP7000 as I had similar issues to you. However I did succeed with a TSOP98200 which also has signal shaping hardware in the package.
I think it probably is possible to use the TSOP7000 but only with extra hardware.

I map the beo4 raw codes defined for VTAPE and map those to the KODI keys.

I have two of these working with a BV3/32 and an MX8000.

Richard

This sounds interesting. So you were able to control the tv with the beo4 & tsop7000 - but not able to control projector with beo4 & tsop7000? Just like me?

And then with the tsop98200 you were able to control both? I’ve just bounded the TV buttons to the raspberry as my tv is a LG tv, that doesn’t use the tv buttons already.

Also I am not able to find this tsop98200 on the internet? Where should I buy one of those?

Use TSOP4838. They work well on Pi and should work for your remote.

Nope it won’t? The datasheet doesn’t say anything about 433mHz? Does it? Beo4-remote is working on the high frequency…

Why use a beo4 remote when non of your devices are Bang & Olufsen?
The TSOP7000 would not work reliably at all with the RPi it would work a bit and stop. Look at the data sheets for the two devices and you will see that there is a subtle difference…

My amplifier is B&O my light dimmers is B&O - and my Raspberry is hopefully soon full B&O-controlled :see_no_evil: - Not sure if the TSOP98200 will do the trick? Well - if not, then I will just have to control the projector with my Kodi App on the iPhone. :slight_smile:

Wow, Hi again Sam! Actually I found out that, when I am holding my fingers on the TSOP7000 receiver, the signal is working better, so I guess the problem is the cables aren’t shielded properly. How would you shield them properly?

Use a shielded cable with the shield connected to ground on the pi.

Could be that the longer cable from the projector is not well shielded or runs along some mains cables and picks up random hf noise that interferes with the signals of your ir receiver.

Does it work if nothing is connected to the hdmi port?

Yes it does[quote=“mcobit, post:29, topic:21740”]
Does it work if nothing is connected to the hdmi port?
[/quote]

Hi,

Yes it works, but only like 2 minutes after a reboot. Then it stops to work. It seems to be some kinda of exponential growth of interference in my room? How would I be able to fix this? :thinking:

Would a single power cable running together with the HDMI cable make the problem?

Try a different and good quality HDMI cable and do not route it besides powercables.
You can try it while it just “hangs” from the projector to see if it makes a difference. Or try to connect the projector with a shorter cable directly just to see if it helps.

Also shield the cable to the TSOP as I told you to if it is longer than a a few cm.

You already got some suggestions, try them and if not sure, get somebody who knows what hes doing to help you.