Is there a limit on the number of movies on the database?

Vero 4k+ was working perfectly when I only had 700+ movies (harddrive dock connected via usb)
I bought the usb hub from the osmc store and connected my other dock and added 2,000+ movies.
Now, weather is no longer working, in fact, yahoo weather will not detect any city.
Ratings such as rotten tomatoes, Metacritic, oscars and awards no longer work even if I have valid API keys (working previously when I only had 700+ movies)
Is this a database issue? Is there such a limit?
Thank you.

It’s possible you are low on space, but a 2000 movie library should not be a problem.

The first thing we need from you to start troubleshooting this will be logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Here is the log:

https://paste.osmc.tv/oqanavoruw

Thank you for the help.

13:38:15.261 T:3676304128   ERROR: Open - failed to open source </media/4TB 4th Disk IronWolf/The English Patient (1996)/The English Patient (1996).mkv>
13:38:15.435 T:3732927232   DEBUG: RunQuery took 351 ms for 2655 items query: select * from movie_view  WHERE ((movie_view.playCount IS NULL OR movie_view.playCount = 0))
13:38:16.331 T:3646526208   DEBUG: weather.yahoo: weather download failed

I don’t see any reason why the Yahoo Weather isn’t working. I doubt that it’s related to your other issue.

As to the other issue, there is a problem with how your drives are mounted. I see it trying to read from:

• 4TB 4th Disk IronWolf
  • 4TB 0RIGINAL
  • 4TB 1st Disk

There are more…

How many drives do you have connected? The output of

mount

would help.

I have 2 docks connected.
Total of 9 Hard drives.
Originally, it’s only the 4-Bay Orico Dock (4TB Iron Wolf + 4TB Barracuda + 4TB Iron Wolf +6TB Skyhawk)
and everything’s working perfectly using Aeon MQ7 for Krypton skin.
Now I connected my 5-Bay Orico Enclosure (5 x 4TB Barracuda), scanned the movies, and problem started. Rotten Tomatoes, and other ratings were gone and weather not functioning anymore.
The harddrives were disconnected when I took the first log file.
Here is the new log file with the 2 docks connected.
https://paste.osmc.tv/sivolosita
Thank you.

Did you try a scan in that log? It doesn’t look like you did.

As to the problem with the weather addon, you seem to have both wired and Wifi connected. Have you tried turning off the Wifi? Hmm, this could also explain why scraping fails if it’s having problems with the network.

Just an FYI for yourself and the OP (and anyone else, of course). Yahoo Weather changed their API implementation a few days ago and that is obviously causing the issue.
I just happened to stumble across this thread on the Kodi forum and it seems to have been sorted now with an update to the addon. Yahoo! Weather

1 Like

I already scanned my other dock (5X 4TB Barracuda) and now I have 2,700+ movies that have posters and artworks. Unfortunately, rotten tomato ratings, Metacritic and awards no longer show even though everything works perfectly when I only had 700+ movies (4 bay dock) .
Regarding the weather, As mentioned by ColumbosCoat, it seems Yahoo changed their API and has been fixed by the update already. Having no weather is more tolerable that not having ratings.
When you said if I tried to scan, do you mean rebuild my library?

Without seeing what happened when you ran the library update it’s impossible to guess at this point.

Like with weather maybe the Universal scrapper needs an update. Also verify the options for the Universal scrapper.

Next time you add new content, post a log after running the library update.