Is there a remote repeat filter like Raspbmc?

Software changes and evolves over time - if nothing ever changed there would be no reason for updates would there ? Sometimes those changes may have unintended side effects in specific circumstances that may call for a change in configuration.

The repeat delay (delay until repeating starts when a button is held down) in OSMC was reduced in an update a few months ago - from memory it is about 0.75 seconds now, while it was nearly 2 seconds before that. It was reduced due to many requests from users to reduce it as it was taking “too long” before it started to repeat. (I also found it too slow to start repeating before the change)

If a quick press of the button on your remote keeps sending an IR code for more than 0.75 seconds (which 3 repeats on a harmony may well do) then it will cause unintended repeats - that’s not our fault, and the only thing we could do would be to increase the delay to be very long again - but that disadvantages everyone whose remote controls work properly…

The problem here is that the harmony keeps sending the IR code for much longer than you actually press the button - and this is fairly unique to the harmony remotes, as the vast majority of standard remotes stop sending the IR code the instant that you release the button.

I know this because I have a Harmony One myself and have spent many many hours programming it and trying to resolve these exact types of issues on other hardware other than Raspberry Pi’s running OSMC…and have spent plenty of time trawling the Logitech forums looking for solutions too…

There is an advancedsettings.xml setting in Kodi that you can increase the delay before repeats begin, this is called remotedelay:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#remotedelay

The default is 3 which means after the initial press Kodi will ignore the next 3 repeats sent from the remote before Kodi recognises a repeat. Try setting it to 20 which should definitely solve your problem, then gradually reduce it until you are happy with the result.

I’ve discovered and fixed a bug that can cause issues with unwanted remote repeats.

The issue was that we were not guaranteeing that eventlircd was always started before Kodi, so depending on what else was going on during bootup, Kodi would sometimes start first. When this happens Kodi directly grabs the input devices, so they no longer pass through eventlircd’s repeat filter, thus unwanted repeats occur.

This has been fixed in the following commit and will be released in a future update:

For anyone that wants to test this fix early it is a very easy change to make. Simply edit the statup service for eventlircd:

sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/eventlircd.service

You will see a file that starts with the following lines:

[Unit]
Description = eventlircd remote support
After = remote-fs.target

Immediately after the After line add the following line:

Before = mediacenter.service

Then save the file and reboot. If this fixes your remote repeat problems please let us know. :smile:

well… for me it didnt work out. even with the fix manually added or with a clean install…