Is there support for album disc numbering

Hello everyone,

quite new here and not really sure if this question might have been answered, but if havn’t found anything.

I am using OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 2 and so far everything went quite smoothly. I just have a problem with music albums, which span multiple discs. I currently use the same album name for all discs, track number starting at 1 for each disc but each disc gets its own disc number.

This works perfectly fine with e.g. media monkey, but OSMC displays the tracks by track number, when I open the album in the library. And as such I have e.g. two tracks number 1, etc.

So my question is, is there any way to support the sorting by disc number and then track number? Or is there something else i can do, to properly show the album titles in the correct order?

Thanks in advance and greetings from a so far very content user

Ben

This will all be dependent on your tagging and how Kodi handles those tags. OSMC has no bearing here. I did find a reasonably recent thread that may give you some insight into your issue though.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201643

Thank you for your fast answer. That link was quite helpful.

For my initial problem it seems, that everything already works fine, but I was irritated by the Kore Remote, which does not show the track listing in the same way the OSMC displays them.

Greetings

Ben