Issues Playing back high bit rate 4k video

Thanks Sam i have now uploaded the file for you to test.

Interestingly while on WiFi I tested a lower bitrate file ~30mbps and that struggled to play over WiFi with buffering issues.
When i switched back to a wired 100mbps connection that file played fine and even more surprisingly the camcorder 100mbps files do play after pausing them for a couple of secs despite the connection in theory being slower than WiFi which was getting higher throughput.
I’ve never been a fan of WiFi and always seen it to be flaky much prefer the good old fashioned hard wire connection :slight_smile:
Let me know how you get on testing the file on the Vero 4k+ and if it plays without buffering then i will buy a Vero 4k+.

Hi Sam just wondering if you have had chance to test the file yet? I was holding off buying the 4k+ until you confirmed the file played smoothly on the 4k+. Unfortunately I see it has gone back to full price now.

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. I’m not sure how I missed this one.

I’ve had a chance to test the clip. This played without issue on Vero 4K + using GigE.

Send me a ping to support@osmc.tv or PM and we will let you have this for £99 as you did express interest prior to this. Be aware that we do have some delays at this point.

Cheers,

Sam

Hi Sam,
No need for apologies I know how busy you are and I’m very grateful for your help.
That’s good news about it working on the 4k+ I have sent you a PM.