Issues: Vero 4K + 3D + TV Panasonic TX50EXW784

Hello,

until recently I streamed 3D movies (HSBS/HOU, mkv) on a Samsung TV via the good old WD TV Live. This has worked perfectly all these years.

Now I want to stream the same files over a Vero 4K (OSMC 2018.01-1, KODI 17.6) on a Panasonic TX50EXW784 (4K/UHD), and there are problems: Every few seconds, at irregular intervals, the image jitters vertically. This applies to both current and older 3D films. I use the High Speed HDMI cable supplied with the Vero; playing 2D movies works flawlessly. If the Panasonic plays one of the 3D movies from a USB stick (via the internal media player software), playback is also without any interference, just like when playing 3D Blurays.

I would be very grateful for tips and hints to avoid the jittering of the picture.

Greetings,
Thomas

Can you post mediainfo for those files, please?

I made random samples, the info are always the same for every opened 3D movie file from 2011 until today:

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
Resolution: 1920x834
Screen resolution: 1920x808
Frame rate: 23.976216
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Some movies have full 16:9 resolution of 1920x1080, but the other values are identical to the files in letterbox format.

The problem seems to have been solved. The setting for “Adjust display refresh rate” must be “Always”.

Good find. Thanks for letting us know.