Issues with OSMC DVB dongle

I suspect that I have a marginal signal on the 746/754 MHz muxes as I don’t have a modern wideband aerial, and very occasionally, even with the MyGica dongle, channels on those muxes are a little slower to initiate playback than for the HD channels on the high-power muxes. But with the OSMC dongle, those muxes don’t scan at all at present, even when connected to the powered hub.

When the warm boot issue is fixed I’ll look at putting the OSMC dongle into production as an additional tuner and see if its performance can settle down.

Similar problem with disappearing of adapters i had when vero was backfeeded from active powered USB hub and dongle was connected directly to vero… I tried connect dongle to hub and after reboot got message “no free adapters avalaible” . Just one way to make it work was cut +5V line between vero and HUB.

Just one more update on this, somewhat good news. I tried the OSMC dongle and the MyGica in the same USB hub and with a cold boot, I was able to enable the Sony adapter alongside the Silicon Labs one in the MyGica. I was then able to record from two different muxes at the same time, so I appear to have full dual-tuner capability. Unfortunately, a warm reboot loses the Sony adapter, this is what cost me so much time last weekend on troubleshooting. So when that’s fixed, I’ll be able to put the OSMC dongle to proper use. I would discourage anyone from enabling the Realtek adapter, I’ve had no success with it at all.

And of course as soon as I post the above, the next cold boot has no Sony adapter. Oh well…

Try removing the MyGica dongle temporarily and see if the dongle comes back.