Issues with SOME 4K HDR videos

I have been using Vero 4K+ for over a year, I’m very happy with it but I have been experiencing some issues playing some 4K HDR files, coincidendly I’ve noticed it after the lastest Kodi update (two week ago, maybe?). I uploaded this video showing what the issue looks like, all the 4K files that the Vero can’t play anymore look like this mind you.

For instance, The.Revenant.2015.2160p.UHD.BluRay.X265 plays fines, this is the file data:

Matroska: 17.9 GiB, 2 h 36 min
1 Video stream: HEVC
1 Audio stream: DTS XLL
14 Text streams:
1 Menu stream

Duration: 2 h 36 min
Overall bit rate mode: Variable
Overall bit rate: 16.4 Mb/s
Encoded date: UTC 2010-02-22 21:41:29
Writing application: no_variable_data

Video: 3840*1608 at 23.976 FPS,
HVEC (Main 10@L5.1@High), HDR10

BUT this, Minions.The.Rise.of.Gru.2022.2160p.UHD.BluRay.x265.10bit.HDR.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos does not:

Matroska: 16.2 GiB, 1 h 27 min

1 Video stream: HEVC
3 Audio streams: MLP FBA 16-ch / DTS XLL / AC-3
5 Text streams: UTF-8 / UTF-8 / PGS / PGS / PGS
Duration: 1 h 27 min
Overall bit rate mode: Variable
Overall bit rate: 26.6 Mb/s
Encoded date: UTC 2022-09-02 05:50:44

Video: 18.6 Mb/s, 3840*1608 at 23.976 FPS,
HEVC (Main 10@L5.1@High), HDR10

What could it be? I play my movies from a HDD connected to a Macbook using smb, the Vero 4K is connected via ethernet cable. I’m inclined to think the issue here is the overall bitrate but why suddenly? This might sound dumb, but should I try buying a different HDMI cable, ethernet cables? I’m pretty new at this. Any help will be much appreciated.

“This video is private”

Sorry about that, try now.

It’s a bit difficult to see the problem. The video is stopping and starting - that indicates slow streaming which could be a network issue. The Vero is connected by ethernet but how is the Macbook connected?

Then the colours look a bit off - assuming your camera has correctly captured that. We would need logs to investigate that.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thank you for your response. The colors are fine, it’s my stupid phone. The Macbook is also connected by ethernet. Should I try resetting the modem or calling my ISP to discard any network issue?

I’ll submit the log in a bit. Thanks again.

I doubt your ISP will be interested in your internal network. Restarting the router might be good to try though.

You always could try to play locally from a USB stick to exclude Network issues as a source.

But also suggest to check network with iperf3. Please read this howto

This is the log. Resetting the router did nothing. I really appreciate you taking the time.

https://paste.osmc.tv/epekukosam

Thanks. I will try playing the file locally with a USB stick, and will check the network with iperf3.