Jerky GUI on Vero 4k+ file library

Could you record a Video using the OSMC Skin to show this behavior as I have never seen this happening (I am not using an IR Remote). Maybe record from reboot showing the jerky gui and then the smoother after going to the remote section.

I just started noticing this as well.
Very jerky especially when scrolling fast through movies.

Does your issue go away when you open the remote section of My OSMC as well?

I´ve tried rcording with my iphone, but the effect isn´t so much noticable on the handy video.
I´ll try with a keyboard.

@Kontrarian Please, provide a short recorded video snippet and logs, so we can see what you mean and compare with @maxx’s issue.

Can you check your TV’s settings for any kind of sports mode or other motion smoothing settings, disable them, and then check to see if your issue is still there.

We are talking about a visual issue and not an issue with responsiveness of the remote aren’t we? If so what is using a keyboard suppose to change?

Yes visual issue.

I´ve all picture enhancer disabled on my tv.

Can you please go to myOSMC and chosse the OSMC icon i the middle, and notice the stuttering flip.
Than open Remotes, leave Remotes and choose the OSMC icon again.
It flips without stutter, and the same behavior is noticeable unter de kodi and osmc skin as well.

Perhaps most people didn´t notice this, but it feels much smoother for me.
BTW, if i turn background picture and slide animation of, thats to much for such a little device.

I seem to recall a thread where someone else had an issue with the UI that others couldn’t reproduce and they were unable to capture what they were seeing with their phone. If I remember correctly it was their TV in PC mode or motion smoothing where it increased the frame rate in the TV that was causing it.

There is several of us that have been trying to reproduce anything similar to what you describe and we cannot. I don’t have any stutter to start with, and going to the remotes section does not change anything with animations.

I have both turned on and set to a higher resolution than stock and it seems to handle this without issue.

Hm, ok, then i´v to life with it.

I can this reproduce every time, doesn´t matter which osmc software i´ve installed, also with 4.9.

My tv has the movie mode activated, is 10 years old.
Receiver is Marantz SR7008

Anyway, it is better if i made this till the next restart or open myOSMC again.

Background pictures and slide animation keep turned off, for me to jerky with it on.

Thank everybody anyway to try to help.

Movie playback is the main reason for an mediaplayer :wink:

It’s hard to reproduce and less noticable under the OSMC skin (which I use) but it’s very noticable on the default Kodi skin whne scrolling through the videos on wall setting (which my children use).

Is it smoother when you open Remotes and go back to kodi ?

In the OSMC skin if I disable scrolling label then it smooths out

Remote makes no differnce that I noticed, but not sure if I’m doing the exact same thing as he did.

is for me only noticeable if background pictures turned off.

So once you start scrolling fast the big letter pops up and thats when it jerks or drops frames or whatever.
My children have never had fanart enabled and it does it.
I always have fanart enabled but just noticed this recently.

I’m on OSMC 2020.03-1 (kernel: Linux 3.14.29-157-osmc) running Kodi 18.6.

I´m too, but under 4.9 also.