Job kbd.service/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start

this is new after RC2.

osmc systemd[1]: Job kbd.service/start deleted to break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start

@sam_nazarko confirmed issue?

Yes we’re aware of this, it’s a consequence of adding the kbd package so we can increase the font size of the blue update installer screen.

I’m investigating a solution to this but it is not a significant problem as far as I’m aware so a fix is a fairly low priority at the moment.

No problem. Thanks

@DBMandrake
I know OSMC final is around the corner (thunderclap date). Will this be fixed until final or after?
thanks!

No it will not be fixed before final release.

The problem is actually an upstream Debian packaging problem - all of the packages involved in the ordering cycle are standard Debian packages and the issue is caused by some of the involved packages having systemd compliant services, and some of them still using legacy init scripts. Under certain circumstances this can cause a circular dependency issue.

When the Debian packages with legacy init scripts are updated to using systemd services this problem should be resolved without any intervention by us as OSMC will automatically pull in the upstream Debian changes.

thanks for the explanation