Just a big general thank you!

Today I managed to:

• Set up a NFS server on my ridiculously old Windows desktop;
  • Make the NFS server persistently automount when I fire up my Pi;
  • Get my PS3 wireless headset working on the Pi (this was plug&play, so no actual effort involved).

And all that just browsing through the posts!
So, really, thank you all you altruistic people that indirectly helped me get everything working!

I think some higer resolution videos are still stuttering, though. Gotta browse some more…

3 Likes

Let us know if you need any assistance :smile:

1 Like

This sounds surprising, I thought the A2DP profile is currently not supported so I wonder how you got your Headset working!

Yes I wonder too, as we have not implemented A2DP support at all…

I did a little search first thing, but didn’t find anything useful.
Really, all I did was plug the USB dongle, go to the sound settings and… voilà, there it was, two new sound output options (one was labeled s/pdif, the other I forgot). I picked one at random and it simply worked. Totally plug & play.

I don’t know if it makes any difference in this case, but I do use an iPad charger, which is slightly better than a random Android one. It allows me, for example, to use an external drive without a powered USB hub.

Hope it sheds some light!

Ok, thanks for your replied this made me think about it again. I think the issue was I translated “wireless” with “bluetooth” which is not the case for the PS3 Headset. That is the reason why it works.

If that headset has its own dedicated USB dongle it’s probably a proprietary dongle that makes the headset look like a standard USB audio device. (Like typical PC USB speakers)

If you don’t need to go into networking, Bluetooth and pair the device to get it working then it is not a Bluetooth device and therefore won’t require A2DP.

Or maybe it is, but the USB handles the pairing, sort of like a Wireless to Wired bridge

Sam

Yes, the over the air signal may be standard Bluetooth or similar to bluetooth but in that case the pairing is handled internally by the USB dongle which presents itself as a standard USB audio class device to the operating system not as a bluetooth controller. Thus no pairing or A2DP required, to Linux it looks like a pair of USB speakers.