Just a black screen after today's update

Hello, woke up this morning found a pop up saying there’s an update and that kodi needs to restart I accepted it, since then it’s all a black screen. Unplugged the power supply still black, ssh is working though but dunno what to do tbh.

PS: the update is not the December update since I have already installed that one last week and another one few nights ago

How about starting with logs?
To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.
Derek

Problem solved it seems the hdmi cables was not fully plugged in however the resolution seems to be greater than that of the TV even though it shows 1920*1080 it seems it’s a bit out of frame, the image doesn’t fully fit. Running tvservice shows nothing unusual.
How can I clear logs to get new ones? Otherwise they’re huge

Disable overscan on your TV. You should set it to Just Scan / 1:1 etc

Sorry where is that?

Look in your tv manual or google, most tv’s have such a setting as far as I know

OK found it, for anyone having same problem on a Sammy TV go to menu picture then auto adapt, now it’s perfect

1 Like