Just received my Vero 4K! A few issues though.

I’ve had it for a few days, but have already run into some snags, and am a bit frustrated. First, I was able to SSH to the machine and upload one movie file. It never showed up in the main screen, so I had to mount it, and navigate pretty far down the tree structure. Maybe I’m doing it wrong? Anyways, while playing the video it looks like it tried to lookup info about it, and has been syncing for days, so I think it might be stuck. Just rebooted it, and there are several movies there now that I’ve never heard of and duplicates of the one I did upload. Here is what’s on my device:

osmc@osmc:~$ pwd
/home/osmc
osmc@osmc:~$ ls -l
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 osmc osmc 4096 Feb 20 04:16 Movies
drwxr-xr-x 2 osmc osmc 4096 Sep 8 20:35 Music
drwxr-xr-x 2 osmc osmc 4096 Sep 8 20:35 Pictures
drwxr-xr-x 2 osmc osmc 4096 Sep 8 20:35 TV Shows
osmc@osmc:~$ cd Movies/
osmc@osmc:~/Movies$ ls -l
total 2370232
-rw-r–r-- 1 osmc osmc 2427110635 Feb 20 04:16 one_video.mp4

Also, is the red light supposed to stay on? It used to, but now longer does. I’ll continue reading through the entire documentation just to make sure I’m not missing something.

Where did you transfer it?
What program are you using to transfer files?

The red light is on when:

• The device is booting (2-3 secs)
  • The device is in standby
  • The device is shutdown

Hope this helps

Sam

First normally people either connect a hard disk with their movie collection to the Vero or they access their Movies on a NAS/Server. Not sure what your scenario is.

Secondly while you can directly access/view videos via the file menu the intended usage of the media center is to build a library of the videos. To build this library OSMC/Kodi uses online information. To match this online information your Videos need to be following a naming convention.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

Ahh. That might be it then. It never dawned on me that I’d need to purchase a NAS, and that OSMC is sort of the controller for it. Makes sense. I had transferred the video straight to the device using Cyberduck.

osmc@osmc:~$ df -h /home/osmc/
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vero-nand/root 14G 4.2G 9.0G 32% /

/home/osmc/Movies/one_video.mp4

The “Movies” menu when you first boot the device up shows a ton of random, duplicate movies I’ve never even heard of. That has to be a bug, unless it downloads an index of all movies out there and tries to match them to the files names?

Yes, if you haven’t named your videos the way kodi can understand them, you are better off not using the scraper and just using the file system to navigate.

You don’t need to buy a NAS. A lot of people use physically attached storage.