Keyboard bug

Hi!
I have been using OSMC for quite some time now. And I Generally LOVE how it works…

BUT… I live in Sweden and the problem were having is that even though is SAYS “Swedish querty”, AND the Swedish letters are shown on the virtual keyboard on the screen, the Swedish letters themselfe is ONLY working if i CLICK on them (the virtual ones)…

On the keyboard it selfe there is STILL US/UK querty being typed instead of the Swedish ÅÄÖ
the “+key” LOWERS the sound instead of raising it… etc.
I can handle it, but I don’t think “other” users are as “forgiving” as I am… It’s a “mess”…

Also I NEVER get the scroll funtion working on ANY mous OR mousepad.
I’m generally using a “Logitech K400” wich otherwise works GREAT.

If I install a 2:nd OS, then BOTH Swedish letters & Scroll function works. in there, But NOT in OSMC…
I’m not… sure, but I think is ALSO works fine if I use my android phone as a remote.
So the bug seems to be linked to REAL keyboards and NOT virtual ones…

Thx for EVERYTHING ELSE! You are doing a GREAT work ya’ll!
Best Regards
//SNAPster AKA Kristian Petersén

Non English keyboard layouts have already been discussed extensively in this thread:

1 Like

Haha… Sorry… My bad… I DID search… But I suppose I didn’t change the search string “enough”, since I did’t find anything… =/

Also… I would be HAPPY to help YA’LL with this issue, I DO have the nordic keyboard, BUT I lack knowledge about how to fix/the issue with it… I wouldn’t even know where to begin looking for the files for the hardware… =/

The only thing I’m sure of, is that it’s connected to ALL “OSMC/Kodi” distros.
I’m not 100% sure about OpenElec though, since it was a LONG time since I tried that one…
Over all I think that OSMC is the distro that works BEST for RPi’s.

It works just fine in ALL the other “regular” linux distros (That I have tried this far since about 2 years back…)

However… If either anyone ELSE does… OR if ANYONE helps me to LEARN how to fix it…
THEN I PROMISE… I’d be #1 in line to test it as soon as I get a chance…
This issue NEEDS to be fixed…