Kodi 16 RC1

I updated from Kodi 15.2 to Kodi 16 RC1 with the terminal yesterday and everything was working as it should until it took an automatic update today.
After rebooting I had lost CEC and have no remote now.
Has anyone else run into this?

I really don’t know what is so hard to use the search function of this forum.

SSH in:

sudo -s
sed '/jessie-devel/d' -i /etc/apt/sources.list
echo "deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update

Then

apt-get --reinstall rbp1-libcec-osmc
or

apt-get install --reinstall rbp2-libcec-osmc

I get this error message:

Reinstallation of rbp2-libcec-osmc is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
apt-transport-https libcurl3-gnutls rbp2-image-4.3.3-3-osmc
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

My mistake please see the resolved instructions above.

Still getting the error. Reinstallation of rbp2-libcec-osmc is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

This indicates either /etc/apt/sources.list not having the OSMC repo included or apt-get update not being run.

Sam

Thanks Sam, I appreciate your time.
I’ll see what I can discern here and if it’s more than I can handle I’ll do a fresh install.

You just need to check the file has the OSMC repo, and if it does, run sudo apt-get update.

Sam

I think the initial upgrade fro 15.2 to 16.0-RC1 had been interrupted. After rebooting everything looked fine until taking an update the next day, that’s when I lost CEC.
I reflashed a 15.2 image to the card and updated to 16.0 with SSH again. I still had problems with with the Samsung TV and CEC not controlling the PI but at least it showed Kodi was there… I unplugged the TV for a few minutes and back in and everything worked fine after that.
Thanks again.

Unplugging and replugging has a surprisingly good success rate for resolving CEC issues.

Your TV may have just played up at the wrong time.

Sam