Kodi 17.2 Security Update

Hi everybody,

I’m wondering if Kodi 17.2 would be available soon. More specifically, I am referring to this:

The thing is that I’m a bit scared due to the subtitles vulnerability. I couldn’t find any information here in the forum, sorry if I’m double-posting.

Thanks

1 Like

Just came here for the exact same reason so +1.

If this is somewhere on a priority list for a future update, I hope it’s high enough.

1 Like

Awesome Sam. A silly question though: how do we install that update? Do we have to wait until it is released through the repository? Is it already there? Then, a apt dist-upgrade should be enough?

Thanks!

You need to wait until it’s released as an update.

Kodi v17.2 isn’t officially released yet. There are some issues with binary add-ons, and it seems that the fix for the vulnerability may be causing some crashes.

It will be released in the next available update. You can learn more about keeping your system up to date here: Keeping your OSMC system up to date - General - OSMC.

Sam

Security always comes first.

Please see OSMC Security Update for OSMC 2017.04-1 and earlier - OSMC

This will not affect our usual update schedule. We still plan to deliver a monthly update over the Bank Holiday.

1 Like

I appreciate it. Superb work. Thanks!!

Cheers – making sure that we see a few devices update smoothly first, then time for bed (at 5AM…)

Sam

when is 17.3 being done as 17.2 broke something with live tv and pvr

Is PVR broken for you? If so – please let me know which addons aren’t working

Sam

apparently not on osmc, i did have problems with 17.2 on other platforms. and that’s how i found out about 17.3 being released

Glad to hear it. We always test things thoroughly before releasing

Thanks to the whole team!