Kodi 17 doesn't keep "played" information when moving files around

In Kodi 16.1, if I have an already played movie or tv show moved to some other directory, the scrapper will find it in the new position (fine), and the new “version” is flagged as “played” (great).

This is not working in Kodi 17. Already watched videos are flagged as new when moved around.

The steps to reproduce are simple:

1. Locate a video you already saw. Verify that it is flagged as “played”.

2. Copy/move the file to some other place indexed by Kodi.

3. Update the video library.

4. Verify you have a new version of the video in the library… as “unplayed”.

What should happens: Kodi should identify that item as already played (via same name, same THETVDB or IMDB identity) and flag it as “played”, as Kodi 16.1 did.

Please, confirm the issue so I can open a github bug.

Thanks

I am ok with that since sometimes I have two files for e.g. different edits of same movie, although the IMDB id would be the same - I don’t necessarily want both marked as watched when one is.

But I would like a solution for moving files while keeping the watched status. Currently planning to move a lot of files from dekstop to NAS and it would be a real chore to go over them manually.

We believe this is a Kodi issue or a specific Kodi function and as such you should look at addressing the issue there. We are unable to resolve your issue. If you do believe that this is an OSMC specific issue, please let us know.