Kodi 17 Krypton

You should check with the skin developer.

Unfortunately, after my upgrade OSMC crashes continuously (sad face). I tried removing my settings.xml, guisettings.xml, removed all addons, and addon_data dir, but crashes still happens. Luckily, I imaged my card with clonezilla this morning, so restoring isnā€™t a big problem.

I do have retropie molded with my setup, so Iā€™m not sure how to go about upgrading without starting from scratch.

Try this. Go back to your backup image and try changing back to confluence or osmc skin before upgrading.

Likely means your skin is not compatible

Well, I recovered my imaged backup, reverted to the OSMC skin (let it do itā€™s menu rebuild), and issued apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, and it is still is crashing. Is there a way to disable OSMC update notifications/forced updates until I can work this out?

Look in the MyOSMC add-on update section.

I keep getting this message on every boot after downgrading from Kodi 18: ā€œThe following addons are incompatible with this version of Kodi and have been automatically disabled: OSMC.ā€ Any ideas?

We donā€™t support downgrading from Kodi v18.
You must stay with Kodi v18 now or perform a complete reinstallation.

I loaded an older clonezilla backup I made in Oct '16. Updated addons, ran apt-get update && apt-get distupgrade, and rebooted. v17 boots, and is in the progress of Add-on migration, I have around 100 addons from this backup, itā€™s been migrating for about an hour now. How long should that process normally take?

No idea. But thatā€™s a lot of add-ons.

You can check top to see whatā€™s Kodi doing, and likely the log.

The issue was the incompatible OSMC skin. I did apt-get dist-upgrade and itā€™s all fine now.

OSMC skin is compatible with the latest version of Kodi.
If you continue to have issues start a new thread with logs.

The version of the skin was 3.1.x That was the reason why Kodi 17 gave me that popup message on boot. I did apt-get dist-upgrade and it was updated to ver.4.x

Seems like you only updated partially.
Without knowing how or when you updated, itā€™s hard to say why. But well keep an eye out for this problem.

Sam, I canā€™t Thank you enough for your amazing work !

Confused :confused:
I had Krypton on Beta and sources file updated to reflect this.
Do I need to update the sources file again?

Just remove the krypton entry from your sources and everything will update automatically to the stable

So now I just have:-

deb Index of /debian jessie main contrib non-free
deb Index of /debian jessie-updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie main

Correct?

Yes

1 Like

Looks good :slight_smile:

From a Kodi perspective is that it now for updates on Krypton 17 or will it just be bug fixes that pop up?