Kodi 18.4 Final

You should go back to the stable repository if you don’t want bleeding edge updates

Are they not part of the next release?

The staging repository is for frequent testing. There is no guarantee that anything pushed there is stable or will make it to the stable release.

Any word on v18.4 stable release? It’s now a month since Kodi released 18.4…

There are a few things to improve first.

You can install it via staging if you’d like to upgrade in advance

Sam

What aspects are still being improved?

Some binary add-on fixes and playback improvements.
There are some regressions in Kodi v18.4

Is there an expected date for the next OSMC release with this Kodi version? Thanks.

There is no ETA presently. You can update via the staging repository if you need this version immediately.

just having a shitty day sorry

Is there a problem?
Is there something specific you’d like to see from Kodi v18.4, or is it just chasing a number?

If people want it that urgently and don’t mind about the regressions, I can get it out now.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Speaking for myself, I’m waiting on Fix PlayMedia builtin for smart playlists and playlists by DaveTBlake · Pull Request #16327 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub which was pulled into the 18.4 release. My playlists are broken without it.

Sorry to hear this – but I don’t yell at the bus driver if I have a shitty day. The user below you made a case for why 18.4 should be made available and I can appreciate that.

I will release Kodi v18.4 and the next update when I’m happy with it. Currently, I think it’d cause a bit of disappointment and break more than it fixes.

Noted.

Work hasn’t stalled and we’re working hard on a number of things, including a number of video improvements for 4K/4K+ in the next update.

I appreciate the patience

Cheers

Sam

3 Likes

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/14643 - this is now in 18.4, so wanted to get back the ability to play videos in slideshows.

can we get a update on progress?

It’s still being worked on. Should be ready for end of October.

1 Like

thank you