Kodi 18 missing "emulators" section in "Game Addons"

Hi!

Context: I’ve installed OSMC and upgraded it to kodi leia 18 successfully on my raspberry pi 3 B. Then, I’ve installed RetrOSMC and, somehow, in one of the “ugly blue screen menus” of the scripts which perform the installation of RetrOSMC (although I can’t remember which menu specifically), I had the option to “Download all libreto cores”, or something similar, and I did it sucessfully.

Now, when I go to Kodi > Settings > Addons > My Addons > Game Addons > I can see the section “Emulators”, and that’s fine. I see many libreto cores there.

But If I go to Kodi > Settings > Addons > Install from repository > All repositories > Game Addons > there is no “Emulators” section! I have uninstalled one of my already installed emulators to see if the section would show up, but it didn’t.

Why is that section gone?

Pi Model or other hardware: 3 B
Power Supply used: official raspberry power supply (2.5 A)
OSMC Version Used: 17.8-427 (that’s osmc, but kodi is 18)
Installed From: osmc-installer on ubuntu
USB Devices connected: none
Controller used: PS3 six axis over bluetooth
Error messages received: “This game isn’t compatible with any available emulators” and missing “emulators” section in “game addons” repository.
Guide used: Retro Games in Kodi Setup: Every Rom & Emulator [2022-23]
Emulator: i can’t install any (that’s the problem!)
How to replicate the problem: go to addons, install from repository, all repositories, game addons, the “emulators” section is misisng.

In kodi (leia, version 18) i can’t find the Emulators section of the “Game Addons”.

Thanks!

The emulators are already installed in the system. You need to go to My Add-ons->Game addons->emulators and enable the ones you want to have in Kodi retroplayer. RetrOSMC has nothing to do with kodi

1 Like

I didn’t know that, @joakim_s . I thought I had them installed by some script of RetrOSMC …

But good to know! I have enabled snex9x and it seems to be the only working emulator for Super Nintendo.

But then, I have a question… What if I accidentally uninstall an emulator… How would I reinstall it if there is no “Emulators” section in the repo?

There is!

On my system, there is, but only as a subsection of “My Addons” (and they’re all installed there). But there isn’t an “Emulators” section under “Install from repository” > “Game addons”. No, there isn’t. It may be my installation only, i admit, but as far as I can tell, the “Emulators” section only shows up to manage your already installed addons, not to install new ones (or reinstall accidentally deleted ones).

Did you check to see if it’s even possible to delete them? I suspect the option will be unavailable.

The emulators come pre-installed on our v18 nightlies and you’ll therefore only find them under “my addons”. There won’t be any available to install under “install from repository”.

I’m pretty sure that pre-installed addons cannot be uninstalled the same way you can’t uninstall our default OSMC skin.

1 Like

OMG… Isn’t that what I just said?! :parrot:

:yum:

Did you? :yum:

Yeah, I thought I had uninstalled one, but I’m not so sure, because I chose one I didn’t care about, but now I don’t know which, and I don’t know if it’s gone or not. But the option to uninstall is available to all emulators, as well as to the OSMC skin… I won’t try uninstalling any of them, though, because I don’t want to mess with my system. Anyway, the fact that all the cores come pre-installed is great. Thanks for the answers, guys! I’m very happy with my current installation! All my video and games in one place! :slight_smile:

I’ve just moved from LE to OSMC (because of Steam link support). I am trying to get around things. Is there any place where I can see which emulators are available and which are not and why? The list in My add-ons is just a fraction of what I was used to in LE. Thanks.

Yes, the thread you are in should indicate what works