Kodi 19.1 Skin helper / Widget error (on 1 profile)

Hello,

I recently upgraded from kodi 18.1 to kodi 19.1

I’m using 2 profiles: Adults / Kids
Skin: Amber 3.4.26 (own repo)

every time when I log in with “Kids” profile I receive following errors

• Skin helper service error
  • Skin widget error

Whe I login with “Adults” profile everything works fine.

Before I upgraded i used the addon “script.screensaver.logoff-1.1.1.zip” that is not compatible anymore and had to uninstall.
I noticed that in the guisettings.xml from Kids profile there is still an entry of the addon. Not sure if I can delete this from the xml

/.kodi/userdata/profiles/Kids$ cat guisettings.xml | grep ‘logoff’
setting id=“screensaver.mode”>script.screensaver.logoff</setting

Here is also a link from the logfiles: https://paste.osmc.tv/widemijepe

Any advices would be greatly appreciated,

best regards,

Both scripts have been ported to v19, but haven’t been updated in the Kodi repo yet. Therefore, they won’t work. See here: skin helper service

Hi Chillbo,

thanks for th answer! Just updatet Skin helper service" to “script.skin.helper.service-1.1.39” (found on the link you provided)

Do you know where I can find the updatet “Skin Widget” addon? Thanks!

regards,

Best to install this repo and pull all addons and dependencies needed from there: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/repository.marcelveldt/raw/master/repository/repository.marcelveldt/repository.marcelveldt-1.0.3.zip

Hi,

yes, I installed this repo but did not found any “Skin Widget”. I still receive the “Skin Widgets” error when I login to the Kids profile. The other error instead does not appear anymore.

kind regards,

Sarge

Which version of the Skin Helper Service Widgets is installed on your system - 1.0.44?

Hi,

I installed Skin Helper Service Widget 1.0.45 from MARCELFELDT rep 1.0.3. On the “Adults” profile I didn’have installed those widgets and I don’t have an error like “Skin Widget”

Then might need to contact the current maintainer of the addon. I’m afraid I can’t help with script specific errors that are not under our control.

Hm, the script error may comes from xmbc? Then I ask them in a forum. Thanks!

021-08-20 10:22:49.523 T:2940 ERROR : EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class ‘AttributeError’>
Error Contents: module ‘xbmc’ has no attribute ‘abortRequested’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py”, line 804, in
Main()
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py”, line 67, in init
self._fetch_info_randomitems()
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py”, line 140, in _fetch_info_randomitems
self._fetch_movies(‘RandomMovie’)
File “/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py”, line 166, in _fetch_movies
if not xbmc.abortRequested:
AttributeError: module ‘xbmc’ has no attribute ‘abortRequested’
–>End of Python script error report<–

Hi,

find a solution: had to update the addon from the following link
https://github.com/scott967/service.skin.widgets/archive/refs/heads/python3.zip

best regards,

Sarge