Kodi 19 trouble

Kodi 19 trouble with deleting folder locations on NFS from old network address to a new one.
keeps freezing

https://paste.osmc.tv/mizudotevi

Your going to need to provide a bit more detail. Are you saying that you have a library populated with items that were using one network address and then you changed the source and now you can’t remove the library items or ??? I couldn’t work out what exactly what situation your dealing with from those logs but if you can explain exactly what it is that you have done up to this point then we can probably provide a working solution.

My old network address on Comcast was 192.168.00.1 WD mycloud server on 192.168.0.50 with a new Cable modem and router Comcast set it up as 192.168.50.1 so my WD is now 192.168.50.50 which KODI can see it and update but getting rid of the old it crashes using Media/Clean library

Put your source path back to what it was before and then add a path substitution to point your library to the new location. I don’t know why it would be crashing doing a clean library but you were going around this issue the wrong way. The other option would be to put your sources back to exactly the way they were before and then do a “change content” and set your source to none and select the option to clean your library when it asks there. Once your library has been cleaned of all the items with the old file paths only then should you change a file path and set content to allow scraping.

If you had already scraped the updated source and have a library full of duplicates then before changing to the old paths set content as none to remove the new items. That should (hopefully) then get you back to what you were before the duplicates, and then you can follow the aforementioned path.

Or you could just delete your library manually and start over from scratch if that is preferable

How to return Kodi to default settings

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

I would love to do that. But the other sources are gone on KODI so deleting them is not something I can do.
I just show double the Movie Library and cleaning is not working.

Didn’t you just edit you existing sources to the new ip address? You would just do the same thing in reverse.

Last week tried to edit the existing sources ended up removing it. So I just started by going to Video/Files/add videos browse / select (NFS) 192.168.50.50 select /nfs select Home_drive_5 open select movie.

Repeat this for a total of 4 drives titlepath Movies
This directory contains … Movies
Choose information provider … Local information only

Content scanning options
Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title ( ON)
Scan recursively (ON)

Guess my next step is to reformat SD card and start over with OSMC. Which I hate ! stopped doing that since Windows 7 came out and never had to ever reinstall it.

Thank you for trying to help me. OSMC is still buggy

That is a bit extreme. You can get back to a clean video database leaving everything else intact by running these commands at the terminal…

rm ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos119.db
rm ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Textures13.db
rm -r ~/.kodi/userdata/Database/Thumbnails

at which point all you would need to do in Kodi is to go to videos>files and context menu over your source and “set content” to setup the scraper again.

Since your logs seem to not have been taken in a period of time where you tried to perform a library clean it can’t be said with any certainty, but I would venture a guess that Kodi neither crashed nor hung, but rather it was confronted with a task where it had many network paths to figure out if they were valid and each one has a delay waiting to see if the request times out. If you let it sit for a day (or more) it likely would have actually finished. This is the reason for my other methods for moving sources that don’t rely on Kodi having to actually check the paths like it does with a clean library. That tool works fine normally if you only remove a video file. In that case Kodi asks if the file exists and the network share responds no and then Kodi moves on to the next item without delay. However if you remove the machine sitting at that network location Kodi doesn’t get a response back so all it can do is wait for a period of time before assuming it is gone and move on to the next item.