Kodi 20

The current skin i’m using has some features i can’t install due to the fact they only work on Nexus … so i’m waiting for a test version to be released :slight_smile:
Thanks
Mattia

We will have some test builds available this week.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s great! Will you post somewhere in this forum the instructions to enable it ?

Thanks
Mattia

When it is made available there will be a new thread started that will have all the relevant info. It will be no different than previous test builds. Do realize though, this is beta testing with the goal of finding problems. As such if one decides to try these builds they should only do so with the knowledge that there may be problems they run into, up to, and including ones that may require a full reinstall. The newest builds seem to be working quite well at this moment, but cautious users may be best to avoid them nonetheless.

Thanks for the warning, i’m a developer too so i perfectly undertand the risks. I don’t mind do a full reinstall once in a while so it doesn’t bother me.

I will waiting for the test build when it is ready

Thanks
Mattia

Did the test builds go live yet?
God I hate that I can’t downgrade KODI on my Google boxes!

1 Like

Not yet – but they should very soon. There are a couple of things we are testing internally first.

Sam

1 Like

Any news ? :slight_smile:

When we have some test builds – we will make them available on the forums.

1 Like

Ok Sam,
fair enough :slight_smile:
I will wait diligently

Thanks
Mattia

Make it before weekend!!! haha

will kodi 20 come with 64-bit userland as well?

No, it won’t.

Couple of days delay as I managed to spill an entire drink over my laptop which about to publish a new build…

Well, as excuses go, that’s a pretty good one. I mean it’s not “the dog ate the code update…”

'-)

6 Likes

Everything is good to go fortunately. One more update to iron out some v19.5 fixes then some test builds here.

I have a laptop now with broken keyboard, trackpad and WiFi. It’s a Bank Holiday tomorrow so replacing is limited.

That was an expensive glass of Scotch…

4 Likes

After the don’t drink and drive, you get don’t drink and program :slight_smile:

FWIW Alcohol like Scotch is far easier to clean up than, milk coffee and coke.

Trust me on that :wink:

Good luck!

1 Like

I was thinking about it. While we wait for the v20. Would there be a way to force Kodi to use a DB even if not the right version? If we can force our v19 to use the newly migrated v20 db, that would solve our issue for now.

Pretty sure not much have changed in the mysql db.

Thanks

No. But the testing for v20.1 is coming very soon.

I’ve found one last final issue – I’ll try and fix it by tomorrow otherwise I’ll release it with the issue included. It’s not a major problem, but in some circumstances after updating Kodi will upgrade and restart itself. Not a great look.

In the interim, make sure your system is fully up to date.

Sam

2 Likes