Kodi 20

Hello everyone, I have a vero 4k for several years, the pc “server” with Ubuntu has updated to kodi 20, resulting in a change of database. This makes it impossible to synchronize the library with osmc’s kodi 19.x. Is there any plan for release? And if so, the timing? Thank you!

Mentioned in the last update release notes

Sam

Any news? I’m in the same boat as @G4eva

Can’t even find a beta version so all Kodi are talking to each other

We will have some test builds soon, but I will not release v20 as an official build until we have a point release

Sam

Test build is fine, it will migrate the DB

We will announce some builds on the forum when they are ready.

Sam

1 Like

will not release v20 as an official build until we have a point release

I have news for you :wink:

That has been out almost a month ago, so yeah a bit more behind then other times with major releases.

We are already testing Kodi v20.1 internally.

It will be ready soon.

Better to get it out right than early.

Out of curiosity – what are you looking forward to with the Kodi v20 release that isn’t present with Kodi v19? If there’s something significant, we can prioritise more resources towards earlier release management in the near future.

As a Team Kodi member, we consider 20 to just be a cleanup release where the codebase is improved. The larger changes that are visible to users will come with Kodi 21/22

What I miss from Kodi 18 and would like to get back in 20 is the folder.jpg to be properly displayed for Movie Collections in the library.
This is a cosmetic issue; everything else in terms of playback is ok for me.

Movie set posters are working fine for me using a movie set information folder. The naming of the poster files for that is “poster.ext” and not “folder.ext” though. Is there some bug or had you just not switched over to the new way of doing things?

Did not switch over…I’ll try!!!
Thank you very much

1 Like

Exactly the reason I don’t ‘need’ to switch to 20, nothing really new.
But when it happens … I want to know it because of the MySQL DB with all other devices :slight_smile:

I realise you weren’t talking to me, but my slightly eccentric audio setup makes it useful to be able to pass through DTS but decode DTS-HD.

I think there may possibly be some improvements to subtitling as well, which I use a great deal.

More options to customise subtitles.

HDR tags will be nice to see. Like many others on here the biggest reason for me is to
keep all of my devices in sync with my mariadb .

My main Kodi is OSMC. It sends the library to MySQL for other Kodi (I have 4). All other Kodi are on Android so they got updated pretty quickly to 20 and even 20.1.

I’m waiting for the OSMC v20 so it migrate the db and other Kodi sees it

Thanks

2 Likes

Out of curiosity – what are you looking forward to with the Kodi v20 release that isn’t present with Kodi v19? I

Well, new versions of the you-tube addon is dependent on a new version of python-xbmc.

I wasn’t aware that that was the case. I’ve asked @anxdpanic (OSMC and YouTube add-on developer for Kodi) to verify that.

1 Like

He has indeed confirmed this to be the case

Sam

2 Likes