Kodi add-on repository

I noticed, that my osmc installation of Kodi does not show the regular or most recent version of “Kodi add-on repository 3.1.6” (it shows 9.9.11 instead), so i don’t get the most recent version of many add-ons. Is that normal for the osmc distribution?

cheers
bendsch

The repository is up to date with the Kodi repository. Can you let me know the names of some add-ons which are out of date?

Sam

“pvr-teleboy” for instance is on 18.0.25 on osmc, where as in normal kodi-distribution it shows 18.1.6.

PVR add-ons don’t come from a repository, as they are binary add-ons. What other add-ons are out of date?

it’s that one and another pvr-addon i frequently use (zattoo).
why was i able to update the pvr-teleboy addon on normal kodi-distribution then?

What is ‘normal Kodi distribution’?

Windows uses the Kodi repo for binary add-ons
Ubuntu uses the PPA (so not the Kodi repo)
Some other distributions like LE use their own repo, as they don’t have a package manager.

OSMC doesn’t distribute binary add-ons via the repository, so it sounds like you want a version bump.

“normal kodi” means OSX in my case …
apparently i don’t understand enough about how add-ons are handled in various kodi-distributions. in the end all i wanted to know is, if there is a way to get the most recent pvr-teleboy on osmc.

You will need to wait for it to be updated on our side; or build it from source.

ok … when is the next update coming? or is there somewhere a guide i could use?

I don’t have an ETA for binary add-on updates.

I will take a look.

that would be great … the addon i am talking about is located here: Releases · rbuehlma/pvr.teleboy · GitHub

(the difficulty with this add-on is, that it’s functionality breaks once in a while when the site it’s streaming from changes network-settings. thats why i need a more frequent compiling of the binary. at the moment it’s not working for instance …).

Since the source is available, have you tried building it yourself?

i can try … this would work through cmake i guess?

That’s what it looks like to me. Unfortunately, the developer has no README to help in building it. You might want to contact the developer for instructions, and find out any dependencies needed to successfully build it.

it’s just “cmake ./” in the root directory of the downloaded source i guess …

apparently i have to specify the kodi-plttform though:

~/pvr.teleboy-18.1.6-Leia$ cmake ./
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:8 (find_package):
  By not providing "Findkodiplatform.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
  has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "kodiplatform", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "kodiplatform" with
  any of the following names:

kodiplatformConfig.cmake
    kodiplatform-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "kodiplatform" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "kodiplatform_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
  "kodiplatform" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it
  has been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

i was able to built it after the developer updated the instructions!
Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but it’s the only conversation with a reference to the Kodi Addon 3.1.6 repository, which contains the Trakt program addon, I could find.
The Kodi Addon repository isn’t there at all.
Is there a way to install the Kodi Addon repository? I’ve done some looking, but most of the results are about Top 10 Kodi repositories stuff.
I’ve updated Kodi to 18.7 on OSMC 2020.06-1, by the way.

Thanks!

What are you refering to with 3.1.6 and 3.0.0?
The Trakt Addon on OSMC is version 3.2.5!

It’s contained in the Kodi Addon 3.1.6 repository.
Unless there’s a way to get it directly, that’s the repository I need.
There’s no Kodi Addon repository at all.
I misspoke regarding the version I have. I was looking at a different repo.
The Kodi Addon repository is missing, altogether.

Sorry, I think you are getting something wrong. The Kodi repository is an integral part of OSMC and all Addons from the Kodi Repository are directly from the Kodi Repository included in OSMC (only binary addons make an exemption.