Kodi Frozen

Hello,

I have a Vero4k and kodi is frozen. I do not know how to get it working again.

How this happened? I added a new shared folder that I created in my NAS. To do this I added one line to the file auto.smb.shares. It was one line just like the one I had for the other shared folder.

After doing that when I access kodi in my TV it does not work. No button in the remote has any effect. The clock in the upper right corner advances. Rebooting has no effect.

I have removed the line I added in auto.smb.shares, but no difference.

Any idea on what can I do?

Thanks in advance

Starting point provide debug enabled logs

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hello,

This is the link provided by the grab log command:
https://paste.osmc.tv/wixizorobe

Regards,

Well last items in the log point out to an issue with your addon data directory

2023-09-16 12:51:26.292 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.hts/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.292 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/addon_data/pvr.hts/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.294 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.294 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/addon_data/pvr.iptvsimple/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.294 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.nextpvr/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.294 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/addon_data/pvr.nextpvr/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.294 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.sledovanitv.cz/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.295 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/addon_data/pvr.sledovanitv.cz/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.295 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.vbox/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.295 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/addon_data/pvr.vbox/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.296 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.vuplus/
2023-09-16 12:51:26.296 T:2892    error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/addon_data/pvr.vuplus/

Not sure if that is your problem but surely would be interisting what is the reason and if something else is broken in the userdata directory.

The only addons I am using are for subtitles and scraping. It is possible that I tried to use some other add on but that had to be years ago when I got the Vero and I never got anything to work. I vaguely recall trying to get youtube working inside Kodi. But everything was working ok until now, so that does not seem to be related :frowning_face:

Regards,

Let’s test with Kodi default settings. Enter the following commands with an SSH connection.

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
systemctl start mediacenter

If needed you can restore:

systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bk2
mv ~/kodi.bak ~/.kodi
systemctl start mediacenter

If your original setup was restored as expected and you want get rid of the unneeded clean install you can delete that with the following command.

rm -r ~/kodi.bk2

Hello,

Thanks for the response but after doing that I get Kodi with the original skin (I understand all other settings have been lost) but it still does not respond to any button in the remote.

Regards

Ok, it was the remote not working. What are the chances that it happens just after I change a configuration for the first time in years…

Sorry for wasting your time.

Regards,

2 Likes

FYI that is just a bit of log spam that is normal at present. You will notice that those are all userdata config files for binary PVR add-ons that are present but disabled by default.