KODI's High Bitrate Audio Issue handling!

By reading this, I just learned about that being a real issue when I thought for the past 3 years that my gbit home network wasn’t fast enough at first then later I swapped my hdmi cables for 48gbits ones trying to fix those audio cuts too…
I noticed them first on last pirate of the Caribbean throughout early bank robbing scene, most memorable benchmark scene to me.

Followed the link on git then on Kodi forums to see the whole picture.

Anyway this could be specially addressed on Vero 4K series ?

We are still monitoring this.

We made some improvements in the Kodi v17 era which resolved dropouts; but this caused issues with Kodi v18 when it was released.

Because the code was written by a couple of individuals, it’s hard for us to make improvements in this area without their expertise. In the long term, I think it’s better for ffmpeg to handle bitstream packing, not Kodi.

Fortunately, Ansii managed to fix this for ffmpeg and as he wrote the bitpacking code for Kodi, he knows what changes need to be made for this to work.

1 Like

yes that fixes the dropouts, i loose atmos, AND it causes the player to crash on chapter skipping with atmos movies!

I’m pretty sure That’s a kodi bug not a osmc bug

yes the audio dropouts is a KODI bug, not sure if the crashing with TrueHD passthrough disabled is a KODI bug or a OSMC bug

Both Kodi related issues

This is the discussion on the Kodi forum about the issue at hand here: Atmos Skipping (High bitrate audio files)