Latest update broke raspotify

Hello,
Since I updated the vero 4k to the latest version raspotify no longer starts. I’m getting this:

$ sudo systemctl status raspotify
▒ raspotify.service - Raspotify
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/raspotify.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Wed 2021-08-25 17:13:26 CEST; 6s ago
Process: 6506 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -m 0755 -p /var/cache/raspotify (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 6513 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown raspotify:raspotify /var/cache/raspotify (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 6514 ExecStart=/usr/bin/librespot --name ${DEVICE_NAME} --device-type ${DEVICE_TYPE} $BACKEND_ARGS --bitrate ${BITRATE} $CACHE_ARGS $VOLUME_ARGS $OPTIONS (code=killed, signal=ILL)
Main PID: 6514 (code=killed, signal=ILL)

Is it deprecated? How can I troubleshoot it? Are there better ways to get Spotify-connect on OSMC now?

Please take a look here: Librespot 'Illegal instruction' on 4.9.113-45-osmc on Vero 4K+ - #16 by sam_nazarko . Sam has produced an updated kernel to fix what seems to be the same issue as you are experiencing.

Please also read to the end of the thread, since it contains some further information about suppressing error messages in the log.

1 Like

That did it. Thanks for the help!

1 Like