Leia on Vero 4K?

Many running Leia on their Vero 4K? Appreciate its still in Alpha but is it relatively stable for 1080/4K tv/movie playback?

I see the latest build here [TESTING] Kodi 18 (Leia) builds for Vero 2 & 4K - #557 by gmc

I’ve been running Leia for six months or more. It works fine. Sometimes a nightly might break something but it’s usually fixed again after a day or so. I don’t stress my system though. I don’t use any naughty addons and I only run mostly 1080p content with good old fashioned stereo sound, so your mileage may vary depending on what sort of content you watch …

Switched to Leia on our 2nd device (least used) a couple of months ago. Mainly to test Netflix and Amazon Video support. Haven’t had any issues but again this device is only used occasionally.
Switched to Leia on the main device this week and again no issues so far. Only thing is Netflix/Amazon is not working fluently anymore but my guess is the high cpu-usage of dhd_dpc (> 50%) is causing choppy playback is it has to be SW decoded. Sam said he is fixing that.

Take a backup and give it a try. If it doesn’t work well for you you can always flash a stable image and restore the backup.

Does the Vero 4K handle Netflix at 1080P?
Im waiting for delivery of a 4K+ and am interested in the performance compared to a Pi3…which lacks the horsepower to handle netflix @ 1080p.

@sam_nazarko and team. Is the 422 12bit fix that ye provided post july update in the latest leia builds ?

No – it’s still in staging.

It will be in the next release.

Sam

OK, will hold tough for 17.8-307

Had it on a HD-ready (1280x768) TV with 1080p content IIRC correctly without problems. Since the last update it’s choppy on both my devices but from previous experience I think it should work. Will wait for the dhd_dpc fix to be sure.

Hi @sam_nazarko, is the 422 12bit fix (provided here 4K HDR playback on 10.2Gbps HDMI chip projector? - #3 by sam_nazarko) in the OS or KODI or both? I ask as you mention the fix is in staging and be in the next release. Leia nightly build 307 is now out and wondering is it in that? Are the Leia nightly builds just the KODI portion or complete OS and KODI? Thx as always

The Leila nightlies from @gmc are only the Kodi part. As @sam_nazarko wrote the changes he refereed to are in “staging” so you would need to add the staging repository to your APT file.

It’s fixed in the kernel (OS)