Leia: subtitles not working ?!

Yes the display is different if it is not activated, and the image is the same.

I do not see why it affects subtitles

I think the calibration is separate for every resolution and frame rate combination. If you set the adjust display refresh rate to “on start” (just for testing, not to keep it there) then you could start a video that is not displaying subs and then back out and check the calibration to see if the sub line is in-frame.

Correct.

I’m sorry, but I do not understand what you mean.

Is there something to do or not ?

When you ran calibration before it was only showing that particular resolution and frame rate that your UI is set at. When you disabled the refresh rate change then all videos started playing at that same resolution and frame rate and your problem went away. It is supposed that there are other resolution/frame rates that either the calibration in Kodi or the zoom setting on your TV would need to be adjusted as the subtitles are there but being pushed out of the viewable part of the screen. If you (for testing only) set your frame rate to “on start” then it will change the resolution/frame rate of your desktop every time you start a video and keep it there until the next video you play. This would allow you to back out of a video that is not showing subs and check the calibration again and adjust as necessary.

Play a specific Video where you have the problem and either take a picture of the TV picture or a screenshot at a specific time where a subtitle is shown (e.g. after 1 minute).
The enable Adjust Framerate play the same file and take a screenshot/picture at the same moment (can use pause to have the same moment).

Upload both pictures.

I tried on “Start” and “No” and then change the image ratio, zoom out, shift. Despite this I do not see any subtitles

And I observe that subs are always in the same place.

Pics:

Summary

Play that movie where the subs are not working and then cycle through the zoom/aspect settings ON YOUR TV, not Kodi.

Yes, but no difference

adjust display refresh rate On “Start”

Summary

adjust display refresh rate On “No”

Summary

Hi,

I still have not found a solution on my side !

This should be it. Don’t use calibration in Kodi

The calibration in Kodi I was talking about was just to verify the subtitle position.

In that last batch of pictures it appears to show that somehow you have a 1080 source getting shrunk down to half the resolution of your screen when the subs go MIA and I am clueless on how exactly that could happen. I played around on my system to try to get it to break and I was unable to. There might be a particular resolution/refresh rate that is not compatible with your particular television and to find that you would probably have to try different whitelist options with adjust refresh rate turned on to find it.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe try changing your disable_overscan=1 in Pi config to disable_overscan=0 but that is a complete stab in the dark.

I do not know what happened, but it works now.

I changed the position of the subtitles, by default on Fixed, on “Bottom of Video”.

Then I noticed that the subs was above the black bars, I went back to Fixed and there, it worked :astonished: