Library scan not working

Hello, first time user, I just setup my brand new Vero 4k with to access NFS shares on a NAS.

I mounted 2 NFS folders on my 4k :
mnt/Downloads
mnt/Movies

After a library scan, here are my problems :

Downloads : summaries and titles are in English (I set TheMovieDb extension to french, and on the TMDB website, summaries in French exist for my movies)

Movies : No thumbnail, no summary, nothing. Each movie in this folder is in its own subfolder. I remember though ticking a “scan subfolders” box somewhere.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

https://paste.osmc.tv/bivaderavu

2020-04-06 21:42:58.480 T:3896484576   DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for '[SR-71] Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade' using The Movie Database scraper (path: '/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '5.1.10')
2020-04-06 21:42:58.498 T:3896484576   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>https://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f090bb54758cabf231fb605d3e3e0468&amp;query=%5bSR-71%5d%20Jin-Roh%20-%20The%20Wolf%20Brigade&amp;year=1999&amp;language=en</url>

Double check your scraper is set to French.

2 Likes

I just double checked. It is set to French.

In Programs > My extensions > Information providers > TMDB (path as I remember, I’m not in front of the Vero right now)

I have both language options set to “fr”

You would need to check it on the sources if you at that level also have it on french

2 Likes

How would I check that ?

I’d logically look for that in settings > media > médiathèque (in french, don’t know translation) > Vidéos… > Films

But all I can do there is browse the files or if I click left twice I have some options to change the view or refresh, but nowhere can I see the scan language ?

When you are on the top of the source press c and in the context menu you have “set content”

Assuming the source is already set it will be “change content” but to expand on this a bit more (as it seems to be a common point of confusion) in the scraper options you will find a “settings” option and you should find both a language and fallback language setting. Your primary language should be your prefered language (fr in this case) but you will likely have issues if fallback is set to anything other then en. Changing these settings do not change any content that is already in your library. Kodi does not translate library titles or description, and the scraper does not respect any language settings that are set elsewhere in the system. When Kodi scans a media item into the library it grabs to info according to what is set in scraper settings and pulls that into the database. If you want to update existing entries you must either refresh from a information screen (for a single title) or else you must rescan the entire source.

1 Like

@fzinken Indeed, plugging a keyboard and pressing ‘c’ opens a menu where I can change the source language (how was I supposed to know about this ?). But it’s still not working properly.

Both folders are now set to fr.

I ran a rescan.

After the rescan :

• Downloads still has posters and summaries in English instead of French (most entries have a poster and a summary though)

• Films now has some french posters and summaries at the root level, but most folders have no information at the root level and still have the English poster and summary when you go one level down. Before you ask, I did check the option “Each movie is within its own folder” (for the “Films” folder) before running the scan.
    When refreshing a single movie, information is set correctly. But I’m not doing this for each and every movie.

So, how can I erase local data and do a full clean rescan ?

(@darwindesign I can’t find any fallback language setting in TheMovieDB options ?)

Sorry I forgot the was only TV shows with the TVDB scraper. TMDB only has one language setting.

You can rescrape without dumping your entire library if you follow what I posted yesterday here (different problem but your needing to do the same thing to effect the change you’re looking for)…

You don’t need a keyboard for that. Actually the menu button on the Vero Remote opens the context menu.

Thank you, it worked (although not perfectly). I’d say that 15% of my library was still not scanned properly.

• For some files, it’s understandable (typo in the name, wrong folder structure, …)
  • For some others it’s questionable. For instance, all folders formatted as french title (original title) (year) can not be scanned. I have to remove the original title for it to work (is it looking for a year in the first parenthesis and not in subsequent ones ?).
  • For others yet, it’s inexplicable. For instance, on the screenshot below, the first movie (green book) is properly named but was not scanned properly on first try. A manual rescan fixed it without having to rename anything.
  • As you can see, I also had some files that had neither a poster, nor a folder icon.

All in all, rescanning manually, folder by folder fixed most issues though.

Indeed. Thanks for the tip. :grin:

That makes sense as the movie would either be “french title (year)” or “original title (year)”, and the way you had it I would think the scraper would be searching for a title called “french title original title” and that is unlikely to exist. I’m guessing you would probably have to format it something like “french title (year) [original title].ext”.