Library Storage on NAS with multiple Vero 4k

Error 101 is from the Linux OS. It means “netork is unreachable”. SSH to the Vero4K and see if you can ping that IP address.

Without a hitch

osmc@vero4k:~$ ping 192.168.1.99                                                PING 192.168.1.99 (192.168.1.99): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.99: seq=0 ttl=64 time=7.764 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.99: seq=1 ttl=64 time=1.451 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.99: seq=2 ttl=64 time=2.158 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.99: seq=3 ttl=64 time=2.624 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.99: seq=4 ttl=64 time=4.553 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.99: seq=5 ttl=64 time=1.431 ms

This is my mariadb setup for remote connections:

[mysqld]                                                                        
skip-networking=0                                                               
skip-bind-address

And the fact i can connect from my laptop (linux mint) should indicate the setup is correct

Agreed. I think the next step should be to try to connect from your Vero4K. If the mysql command isn’t already installed, I think you should find it in the mariadb-client-core-10.3 package.

Get rid of the <name> tags and try it again. You don’t need them and Kodi can be fussy about using them. I don’t know if this is related, but it is the recommended configuration regardless.

I tried with and without. Guess i will havr to dig through the mysql logs to see why it refuses the connection

Have you tried installing the mysql client on the Vero? That would help narrow down the problem.

Unfortunatly, unlike my linux laptop osmc does not really suggest package names to me. Happy to install things.
apt-get install mysql-client
Did not do the trick.

I have been over this tutirial to the letter but still have no success. And i cant find a log on my server to explain the no connection.

Like i stated before: from my laptop i can connect and create a db without a problem. (installed mariadb-client)

The reason the name tags are in my advancedsettings.xml is it was originally set up via osmc menu

Yes it does.

:slight_smile:

Ok, after digging through endless pages on the subject I am getting near the solution:

sudo service restart mediacenter

The box is connected via wifi, the box starts quicker and has no network. Rebooting mediacenter creates the database (finally).

So now scraping my library again and will try lafer to see what the problem is when i reboot…

If not already done, I suggest you set “Wait for Network” in MyOSMC > Networking.

Wait for network is selected but to no avail. After reboot i have to restart mediacenter for database connection to be succesfull

We will need to see logs to help figure out what’s going on. Please reboot the Vero, and then post logs after the connection to the database fails.

My complete log

It doesn’t look like you have Wait for network turned on:

<setting id="powermanagement.waitfornetwork" default="true">0</setting>

Also, you really should have:

Adjust display refresh rate: Off

set to On Start/stop. And you don’t need the whitelist entry.

The tickbox is in the wireless network settings. Where can i set it manually?

That seems misleading.
Mine also shows
<setting id="powermanagement.waitfornetwork" default="true">0</setting>
With it been activated.
I assume as it is not a Kodi setting but a MyOSMC setting this is from a different config item.

Ok, disabling the wired connection solved my issue (even though no cable is inserted)

Cant find a setting for the refresh issue in the menu’s. Removed the whitelists

Interesting, checked mine and it’s the same.

Settings > Player > Videos > Adjust display refresh rate

Again, menu says adjust refresh rate IS off