Library Storage on NAS with multiple Vero 4k

Set it to On Start/stop.

Thank you all for the help. It seems now 1 box is correctly set up. Now that it works i can start setting up my second box to the same values (and maybe change the priviliges of osmc user on my server)

The log shows that the Vero4K obtained an IP address on eth0:

Dec 17 07:13:11 vero4k avahi-daemon[250]: Registering new address record for 192.168.1.32 on eth0.IPv4.

and “Wait for Network” indicated that the device was online:

Dec 17 07:13:11 vero4k systemd[1]: connman-wait-for-network.service: Succeeded.
Dec 17 07:13:11 vero4k systemd[1]: Started Wait for Network to be Configured.
Dec 17 07:13:11 vero4k systemd[1]: Reached target Network is Online.
Dec 17 07:13:11 vero4k mediacenter[395]: Starting Kodi...

But it wasn’t online – and you say that the cable wasn’t even connected. Since it has acquired an IP address, etc, I can only assume that you had enabled the ethernet interface with a static IP address, netmask and gateway, and that connman-wait-for-network-service has somehow misinterpreted the presence of an IP address to indicate that the network is online. To me this looks like a weakness in the code, aka a bug.

There is the setting in My OSMC to wait for network and I believe that one deals only with halting the boot process to give time to the network connection to come up. This would be the setting that is important for a MySQL setup. The other wait for network setting which is found in Kodi’s power management settings (and shown in the logs as one of the settings as quoted) is relevant to playback as that is how long Kodi will wait when trying to play an item before it gives up. This would be an option to set if your source device is using sleep features which would delay file access past the default timeout period. At least that is how I understand it to work.

Yes, in the old house / setup it was connected by cable since i had enough available. New houe with concrete walls limited this option so had to go wifi. Strange that it registers this without a physical cable attached.