Library Update Missing Files

Ok.

Then if I replace the OSMC SMBDirectory.cpp file with this new file would that be alright? Would this break things?

That is a C++ file, there is nothing to exchange.
You need to compile Kodi for OSMC with this fix included.

I see that this fix is included in Kodi 14.2 though so you do not have to wait for Kodi 15.
Edit: Tthis fix is also included in the Kodi branch we use, so it will be fixed on next mediacenter update.

Perfect thanks. :slight_smile: I’ll will wait for the update then.

Thank you again for all the help from @CaNsA, @Dilligaf and @miappa. What a great community.

Hi all,

I am completely new to OSMC. My Vero was delivered over the weekend and I’ve spent a lot of time setting it up to access my media collection on my Apple TimeCapsule (shared using SMB). Things are mostly working now but I am having the same issue as gelias in that every time Kodi scans my SMB share for new content I get duplicate TV shows listed. I believe it is the AppleDouble issue because I am managing and adding new files to my TimeCapsule using the OS X Finder. I used OnyX to remove the AppleDouble files from my share (warning - it deleted some of my actual .mp4 files instead of the AppleDouble files - so make sure you have a backup) but I guess they are going to be recreated as changes are made.

So to my questions…

1. How can I tell if the fix mentioned by @miappa above has been added to OSMC on my Vero?
  2. Can anybody provide step by step instructions on how to create and populate the advancedsettings.xml fix mentioned by @Dilligaf on a Vero running the latest version of OSMC?

Many thanks

Hi @stukey,

As mentioned above by @miappa the issue has been resolved in Kodi 14.2 and you just have to wait for the next release of OSMC.