List of Movies empty after defining a Master Password

Hello,

I have a Raspberry PI 3 and after having defined a Master Password in OSMC, the list of movies (and series) is empty. When activating the master-mode, or deleting the master password again, the list gets correctly shown.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install latest OSMC image on a Raspberry Pi 3

2. define a second profile, e.g. “family”

3. remain in the “family” profile and import some movies in the DB from an external HDD

4. the movies are correctly shown in OSMC under the movie menu

5. activate the master password
    -> the movie list is now empty!

6. goto the Power menu and activate the master-mode, type in the master password
    -> the movie list is correctly shown, i.e. not empty

7. deactivate the master-mode again
    -> movie list again empty

8. delete the master password
    -> movie list is ok

What can this be?

I’m pretty sure that’s by design.

When you enter the master password, you are switching to the master user. Each user has a separate sources list, to make it convenient for things like parental control.

my point is more that the movies vanish from the movie list when I define a master password, not the fact that they get shown after I have switched to the master user, which is btw. not correct. The latter point was only mentioned by myself to make it more clear what happens.

The point is that the list venishes when one has a master password defined and the list comes back when the master password gets deleted.

This sounds more like a Kodi issue than anything to do with OSMC. You should follow up on their forums to find out if it’s a known issue.

Bear in mind that entering the master mode password disables master mode, not enables it - so if master mode doesn’t show your movies, entering the password would indeed then cause said media to show. (Not that hiding the content is a feature of master mode as far as I’m aware - I believe it can limit access to movies nodes, but not cause the content not to show at all. As ActionA says, this is likely a Kodi issue and not an OSMC one, but be aware that it sounds like Master Mode doesn’t work quite as you believe ;))

I can not imagine that this is by design. In order to clearify my issue I made a video on it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2war42wlIicbnEtY2dUMlFUTlk

Can anyone reproduce the issue? Simply define a second profile and activate the master password. Then, the movie list gets emptied.

Should I open a ticket in the kodi forum?

YES!

done: List of Movies empty after defining a Master Password

I just had a chance to look at your video.

This looks like a possible bug, as OSMC is crashing (sad face). You didn’t mention that in the original post, so I missed this.

I’ll see if I can reproduce the problem here.

the crashes happen, yes, also reproducable in my video. But, the movie issue also happens when one switches the profiles via the settings menu (and not via logging out & in), as I did at the video’s end.

So, all in all, the crashes need to be investigated, but I don’t think that they have something to do with the movie issue.

Nevertheless, reproducing both of them would be good. Keep me in the loop.

Can you post a debug log when you experience the crash?

Can you give me a short list of steps to reproduce?