Live TV plabyback issue (black screen)

Hey all,

Ever since the latest 19.x drop I’ve had issues watching live TV.

I’m using the official TV tuner from the store and nothing else has changed in my setup.

The issue is that Kodi will load a channel and then the video will go black (audio keeps working) and after a few seconds video comes back … then after about 30s video goes black again … this repeats until I stop the channel.

Audio never stops working though.

Any ideas?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Would be good to get some logs so we can see what the issue is here.

Sam

Will grab some tomorrow for y’all.

And typically after a double reboot and turning on logging… I can’t reproduce the issue!

Sigh. Computers. If it happens again I’ll update here if I can get it to happen again.

Just to bring this thread alive again…

Since the latest Kodi update (19.3) the video drop outs have changed how they’re processed.

Before, the audio would continue but the screen would go black for a few seconds and then catch up. Now (as of 19.3) the screen just freezes for a second or so, the audio keeps playing just fine, and then the video skips to being back in sync (looks like a few dropped frames then plays fine again).

A clean reboot of the Verk4K+ removes the issue completely with no other change happening (no change to TVheadEnd config/cable etc). However, after a while (undetermined length of time) the issue comes back and only a reboot will fix it.

I’m wondering if it’s an issue with the actual TV Tuner as no other playback is impacted (youtube/playing from network file shares etc is totally fine).

I tried unplugging the tuner card and plugging it back in but that pretty much locked up the Vero and I had to hard power-cycle it to get it back.

@sam_nazarko happy to provide logs etc but I’m not sure what would be useful as the issue goes away after a full reboot.