Live TV plabyback issue (black screen)

Just to bring this thread alive again…

Since the latest Kodi update (19.3) the video drop outs have changed how they’re processed.

Before, the audio would continue but the screen would go black for a few seconds and then catch up. Now (as of 19.3) the screen just freezes for a second or so, the audio keeps playing just fine, and then the video skips to being back in sync (looks like a few dropped frames then plays fine again).

A clean reboot of the Verk4K+ removes the issue completely with no other change happening (no change to TVheadEnd config/cable etc). However, after a while (undetermined length of time) the issue comes back and only a reboot will fix it.

I’m wondering if it’s an issue with the actual TV Tuner as no other playback is impacted (youtube/playing from network file shares etc is totally fine).

I tried unplugging the tuner card and plugging it back in but that pretty much locked up the Vero and I had to hard power-cycle it to get it back.

@sam_nazarko happy to provide logs etc but I’m not sure what would be useful as the issue goes away after a full reboot.