Local USB Disk mounted in Kodi

Hi all

First this maybe a KODI forum question so let me know if it is :grin:

Got a RPi2 running OSMC and have a 1TB USB disk with various media files connected.
I’ve installed MYSQL as I want to share the Library with another RPi1 and with a Wetek play running Openelec.
From my understanding of the Kodi WIKI and Mysql setup the media files have to be loaded on each “system” including the “server” RPi2 using the network mounting method, plus each film,music,TV have to be separately mounted
So installed NFS-kernel-server, set the fstab to mount the /dev/sda (USB Disk) on /mnt/media
eg …
/dev/sda1 /mnt/media ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0
Then exported using the /etc/exports
/mnt/media 192.168.1.0/24(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,insecure)

Mount command shows sda as
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/media type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)

This works fine and I can select videos/files/get files and do a nfs mount on the “server” to the media/films folder

When I go into video menu, the 1TB disk is already in kodi, its seeing the whole disk at root (video/music/tv/…etc) level. The content menu shows that the whole disk is not set to be scanned into the library so should not be a problem.

The problem is that when I go into the music menu, again the whole disk is there but the content menu/settings takes me straight to the settings/music/library menu so I assume the whole disk will be scanned for music, something I don’t want as I have over 65,0000 music files (401Gb) and 75Gb of audiobooks.
I can’t remove the 1TB disk from the music and/or the video menu’s

Anyway of stopping kodi from mounting the USB drive directly

Thanks
Leigh

I’m pretty sure you are over complicating this. All devices need to be able to follow the same path to the sources but, only the “server” device needs to add the source locations and scrape them to the library. Follow this for the server device, simply select the NFS location to navigate to the individual content types. http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources