Logitech Harmony support

Whoa that’s it. Thanks. I was trying to pick the remote from Settings > System > Input > Attached Controllers, which in my defense would appear to be the same idea.

Lots of Kodi is great, but there are some aspects that we programmers would refer to as non-orthogonal; i.e. the UI is not intuitively consistent.

But I’m past this, so thanks.

Roy

My OSMC is independent of Kodi – but you should learn your way around it as it’s quite handy

I’m glad all is solved now

Best

Sam

1 Like

Looks like there is no straight forward way to use harmony 650 remote with Vero. And surprisingly different people used different methods to set the profile.

Initially I tried setting the device in harmony as OSMC Vero and used the osmc IR profile in my OSMC->Remote. Result: No Luck

Then I tried setting the device in harmony as xbox 360 and used the xbox 360 IR Profile in my OSMC->Remote. Result: No Luck

Later I tried setting the device in harmony as xbox 360 and used the samsung IR profile in my OSCM-Remote: Result: few buttons started working but still conflicting with my samsung TV

Lastly I tried to set the device in harmony as one person(Jarrah31) suggested in Vero 2 forum. Result: Closest Match, still not as good as the RF remote provided with Vero 4k

I basically added an MCE Keyboard as the device. This sidesteps the need to choose an lircd profile from OSMC because it sends keyboard commands which the Vero 2 can pick up due to its universal IR receiver.

Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: MCE Keyboard

I also had to change the device command repeats from 3 to 2 as it was sometimes duplicating the commands. Additionally, I remapped the Menu button to keyboard “C” (for contextual menu), back to Backspace, exit to Esc. It may need additional tweaks, so I plan to use this keyboard mapping guide

I assume the VERO Team can update and get the profile that can be used directly with Harmony remotes.

Actually - no.
The problem with the Harmony remote is that it actually “assimilate” the behavior of any other remote, and then you have to tell lircd which remote that is, and have a mapping for it.
So there is no “actual” Harmony remote IR setup…

I had mapped the apple-remote (white) back in time, and it had not enough keys (compared to the Harmony).
I then went over to the Xios device (This was a Media-Player I had bevore Sam brought out OSMC and the vero device) and created my own kay mapping for it. It is a real PITA to do.

What we would need to do, is decide on which IR remote Device we will use, and create a key mapping for it so we can use the Kodi accordingly.

Hi,

In the next update, you’ll see a few improvements for the IR receiver:

• Support for RC5 protocol
  • Improved responsiveness to remote presses

I didn’t add the ‘OSMC Vero’ remote profile, but assume that it is based on our RC5 remote which we shipped with the original Vero. This won’t work until the next update which adds support for RC5 based decoding is added. This update is expected shortly.

@sam_nazarko

Thanks, I will test using OSMC Vero profile once updated with this change.

Okay. As I didn’t upload that profile I can’t guarantee it will work, but remote learning (irrecord) will work with RC5 remotes after the update at the very least

Sam

Please provide details on what is irrecord and how does it work, so I can try after the update

irrecord is when you teach the ircd to learn new codes. This is something the Logitech Harmony can also do.
That is the actual reason it has been so hard with the Harmony so far. No fixed place to start …

I had good luck using the MCE remote on My OSMC. Xbox 360 worked as well, but was spotty. I used MCE-1039 as Media Center PC device on the Harmony. It was only missing the Home button so I edited the lircd.conf and replaced all KEY_SUBTITLE occurrences with KEY_HOME and now the Subtitle button on the Harmony works as Home on OSMC.

Great… after todays update (17.3) my Harmony stopped working. OSMC is first and only device that I even know of having problems with Harmony…

Me too!

Hopefully Sam is on the case…

1 Like

Please try checking for updates again and see if the issue is resolved.

It might take 25-30 minutes for the update to reach you.

Thanks

No difference. It might be that IR extender is not working anymore? I tryed both 3.5 jacks, but no difference (after latest update).

Before (on 17.2) I had to connect IR extender that came with Vero 4K (only way to make it work), and were able to use Harmony remote with lircd-full profile.

PS: Im trying every combination of Harmony presets and lirc, but no success.

PPS: MyHarmony software has OSMC Vero 4K preset available, but it does noting unless I connect FLIRC or Lenovo RXX6000-40 adapter…

Don’t know what that profile entails, as I didn’t create it.

I’m not sure what would prevent the IR extender from working.

Can you confirm that you are up to date? Some debug logs would help confirm this.

Thanks

https://paste.osmc.tv/jiyivudayi

Looks like the driver is loaded fine:

Jun 06 22:00:03 osmc kernel: rc rc0: meson-ir as /devices/c8100580.meson-ir/rc/rc0
Jun 06 22:00:03 osmc kernel: Registered IR keymap rc-empty
Jun 06 22:00:03 osmc kernel: input: meson-ir as /devices/c8100580.meson-ir/rc/rc0/input4
Jun 06 22:00:03 osmc kernel: meson-ir c8100580.meson-ir: receiver initialized
Jun 06 22:00:03 osmc kernel: lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 230
Jun 06 22:00:03 osmc kernel: rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (meson-ir) registered at minor = 0
Jun 06 22:00:03 osmc kernel: IR LIRC bridge handler initialized

Will investigate, as my IR remote seems to be working here.
Which profile are you using?

I was using lircd-full, at the moment Im using osmc-remote-lircd, but seeking for a working combination (I would like to use supplied IR extender, so I can have a free USB port available)

Just FYI - same happened to me. IR completely stopped, unfortunately I can’t check/play due to lack of time … :frowning:

When did you update?