Logitech Harmony support

Not working for me either after the update. Updated 30 minutes ago.

same for me. Around 30min ago.

Okay. It’s getting a bit late here.

We made some changes to meson-ir:

• Some were to improve remote responsiveness, as well as add support for RC5
  • Another change was to allow us to backport V4L drivers, such as DVB drivers, for better hardware compatibility on the 3.14 kernel.

I tested the remote responsiveness changes and the RC5 changes with @DBMandrake, so suspect the issue. Nonetheless, I have a test kernel here if anyone wants to try it:

wget "https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex543h7lfucelzj/vero364-image-3.14.29-19-osmc.deb?dl=1" -O kernel.deb
sudo dpkg -i kernel.deb
sudo reboot

Otherwise, I’ll pick up with this tomorrow.

Cheers,

Sam

No joy for me.

Updated an hour ago. Just checked and no new updates show available. My harmony remote that I was using via Xbox 360 profile stopped working. Here is my debug log. I tried installing the test kernel above and it’s still not working. Here is my debug log from that.

I have open a new topic on this as my VERO4K IR also stop working. I was using the XBOX ONE remote.

Yes – I saw this. The issue is likely related.

Thanks Sam.

1 Like

Hi Sam,

tested your test-candidate, but it does not work.
the kernel ring buffer shows nothing, the lircd logs show nothing, actually - nothing shows a sign on what is going wrong.

1 Like

The lirc Driver is generating pulses as per mode2 and irrecord. But irw does not output anything. So it might be that something has changed so that the lirc profile no longer adjusts to what th lirc Driver is doing.

I just got my Vero 4K today and I am using my Harmony Hub with it successfully. @shukerr already mentioned it shortly: The by far best way to use your Harmony Hub with the vero 4k is NOT to use IR but instead use Bluetooth. What you have to to do:

1. Install the Harmony App on your Phone (I used an iphone). It will not work, if you do it with the Harmony Desktop app. In fact the desktop app will tell you, that the harmony app is IR based and therefore cannot control your device. (it’s not true, trust me)
  2. Add a new device to it: Manufacturer “Microsoft” Device “Kodi” as shukerr already told you
  3. Sync your hub
  4. Try to use your new device using the phone. You should get a prompt, that you have to pair the device.
  5. Pair the devices by using the pairing mode of the app and by going into MyOSMC, turning on Bluetooth and pairing without pin
  6. After successful pairing enjoy a wonderful bluetooth based remote control using the harmony…
3 Likes

I got my new Harmony Touch (Ultimate One) to control my Vero 4K. I set it up online (myharmony.com) but my Verot doesn´t recognize it.
The Vero 4K has got a bulit in IR? Also the remote from the Vero 4K only works with the USB Adapter. How is it possible to get my Vero controlled with the Harmony Touch?
Please help!

I see I got a mention for the Bluetooth setup with the harmony hub. I used that with the Raspberry Pi 3 and it worked well, but often had a startup lag for the bluetooth to connect.

Anyway, once I bought a Vero 4k I settled on using IR with the Xbox 360 profile as no startup delay.

Anyway, to cut a long story short my IR control of the Vero 4K also stopped working after the last update a few days ago.

I’ll keep tabs on this thread for a fix soon hopefully.

This issue should now be resolved.

Sam

It kind of reacts, but only in one “key-press” out of 15 or so. I will have to check the logs while doing it (lircd) as soon as I have some time.
Very weird.

Thanks for the update. My Harmony remote with an Xbox 360 profile works perfectly now.

Issue resolved for me using harmony hub and the Xbox 360 profile. Thanks Sam.

Nice. I just ordered a Harmony Elite + Hub, as I suspect that my old one’s strange response (working sometimes etc.) is due to its age (~10 years …) and the keys are stuck soe times etc.

Anyway - I’ll check it out.
Do you by chance have some details on the Xbox 360 profile?

I’ll try to setup a Kodi-remote profile (Using my Vero 2 in the basement in the gym - and I have to say the Kodi remote is really really nice as it is!) and replicate it’s functionality on the Harmony.

Working for me too.

1 Like

Just for y’all … Funny Logitech mentions is explicitely :slight_smile:

They mention: “Harmony hub-based products connect to Kodi via Bluetooth and use the Harmony mobile app to send voice and text commands, making password entry or movie searches quick and easy. If your computer doesn’t have an interal Bluetooth adapter, you can use a Bluetooth USB dongle.”

Do we know if we can connect/pair the Vero4k to a bluetooth device (I assume Keyboard stuff). That would make it quite easier IMHO.
As I just ordered the Harmony Elite hub Kit, I’ll probably check it out (Note that I will use the voice option only if it does not require a constant connection to the Internet. If not - disabled! and fall back to IR)