Logitech Harmony support

Same here, using the same profile, I think it is even in a HOW-TO on the forum.

Move the Vero device to #1 in the activity start up, helps a bit!

Yep, same here. Logitech Elite remote paired as BT, using Windows computer profile. Then itā€™s pretty simple to customise some of the keys with either Logitech software (which also maps long button presses) and/or Kodi keymap editor. The Logitech remote is great and replaces numerous other ones after Iā€™ve set up my media activities (inc controlling lights).

I donā€™t power it down. It always is onā€¦

Yeah me too. It starts pairing when it see the device in activity start though. Lets say you have a TV/Amp/Vero and you start your activity in that order. Switching TV and Amp on/channels may take 3 seconds then the vero starts pairing. If you move it to #1 in the list then by the time you see Kodi it will be almost paired. It does help, slightly!

Iā€™ll try that out. Thx for the Hint.

I have used the above method for my Harmony Hub for the past 3-4 months and it has always worked perfectly for me.
The only missing feature (which one day I will correct) is that you can only move up or down 1 item at a time, whereas I also want the Ch/Pg up or down button to do exactly that.

My reliable, old Samsung 42" Plasma finally died after a decade of loyal service. So I replaced it with a Vizio D-Series 50" - it looks HUGE in the old Samsungā€™s spot. Iā€™m running the most recent OSMC on a RPi3. The Samsung remote was able to control Kodi without any problems.

I really like the Vizio, but I HATE the cheap, crappy remote that came with it. I can more or less control Kodi thru the TVā€™s CEC, but thereā€™s often a lag or it may freeze up. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s the Vizioā€™s CEC, because Kodi responds just fine with a bluetooth keyboard attached.

Since I had an old Harmony 300 remote stuck in a drawer, I thought that I would replace the crappy Vizio remote. The Harmony remote works a lot better than the original remote, but there is still some hanging on a command and an occasional freeze up. And it only has the basic navigational controls (up, down, left, right, back) and select.

Reading thru this thread, I looked at the ā€œRemotesā€ section of ā€œMy OSMC.ā€ I didnā€™t see any Harmony remotes listed. I also downloaded the Keymap Editor addon, but I couldnā€™t get it to learn a command.

I canā€™t seem to add Kodi as a ā€œdeviceā€ in the ā€œMy Harmonyā€ app.

Is there anything I can do to get my Harmony remote working better?

Do you have the Harmony trying to control the Vizio, or are you using the IR interface on the Vero?

I donā€™t have a Vero (yet). I have a Raspberry Pi 3 that runs OSMC (Dec '18 update). I am using the remote thru the Vizio TV (via CEC) to control OSMC.

I am trying to keep my setup as simple and clean as possible. I donā€™t want a lot of extraneous gadgets (IR receivers for RPi, harmony hubs, extra remotes, etc). Just the same level of control-ability as I had with my Samsung.

Since you are using CEC, itā€™s the TV that controls what keys are sent to Kodi. From what I see with my new Hisense TV is that they seem to be over simplifying remotes to be like a Roku remote. Very few keys.

The Pi doesnā€™t have an IR receiver ā€“ although you could get a cheap GPIO TSOP receiver. This is when the Remotes section in OSMC would be applicable. For now, I suspect youā€™re just using the Vizio codes on your Harmony, which will be forwarded to the Pi via CEC.

Sam

Yes, I have the Harmony remote set up for the Vizio TV - the only ā€œdeviceā€ I could install. And I am controlling Kodi thru the TV via CEC.

I donā€™t want to add an IR reciever to the Rpi, keep the set up as clean and clutter free as I can. For everyday viewing, I think I only need to map the context menu ( ā€œCā€ on the keyboard). The DVR control keys (play, pause, stop, record, fast forward, and reverse) would be handy as well.

But at this point, I think Iā€™ll hold off until I can install Leia and take care of it then.

You are limited in what the TV will pass via CEC. No remote changing to mapping will help.

My Hisense remote has number keys. Those keys work within the Hisense apps. But they do not work with my Vero as they are not passed via CEC. (I emailed Hisense and the response was ā€œIt doesnā€™t and will not workā€

New development.

I tried an RCA universal remote I had laying around. The response lag/freeze-up seems to have disappeared entirely! It was BAD with the Vizio factory remote, less so with the Harmony 300 remote, but it seems to have been completely resolved with the RCA remote!

I am ā€œgobsmackedā€ by this as I have not had good experiences with RCA products over the years.

The DVR controls (play, pause, FF, rewind, stop) are also working!

I just have to read up on keymapping at the Kodi wiki and I might be able to get get the context menu and maybe ths number keys too!

Time to do my happy dance! :grin: