Logitech K400 Volume Key

This enables the mute and volume down key, but there’s still an issue whereby holding these keys only causes a single keystroke.

If I remember correctly this is a shortcoming of the Hama Remote volume keys. If you put volume up and down on for example the number keys they repeat but on the volume keys they do not repeat

FAIL: Using keyboard.xml from RaspBMC device (K400 keyboard volume long-press works), does not work in the OSMC device.

From the RaspBMC rPi, (who’s K400 sounds keys work as expected when held down), I copied:

/usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

to dropbox and then to my Kodi rPI

sudo wget Dropbox - keyboard_raspBMC_WORKING.xml - Simplify your life

I then copied this file over the existing keyboard.xml:

osmc@osmc:/usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps$ sudo cp keyboard_raspBMC_WORKING.xml?dl=0 keyboard.xml
osmc@osmc:/usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps$ md5sum keyboard_raspBMC_WORKING.xml?dl=0
ea89f902d4c03cf759ed66bd6f812e07 keyboard_raspBMC_WORKING.xml?dl=0
osmc@osmc:/usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps$ md5sum keyboard.xml
ea89f902d4c03cf759ed66bd6f812e07 keyboard.xml
osmc@osmc:/usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps$ sudo reboot

I also verified that the file was overwritten by checking the md5sum and rebooted.

Great - for now.
Next kodi update and you’ll have lost it again!
You should leave the system version alone, and put your working version in /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml
Derek

Hi

If we can merge the keyboard.xml with the one we currently use without any conflicts, then I’m happy to include this in OSMC.

@Dilligaf may be able to take a look here

Sam

My apologies! I neglected to state that it was a disappointing failure that keyboard.xml transplant did not resolve the problem:

FAIL: Using keyboard.xml from RaspBMC device (K400 keyboard volume long-press works), does not work in the OSMC device.

Not sure if put the file in the right location based on previous comment.

OK, so it’s back to square one with the RaspBMC device and pose the question: what file needs to be configured? If anyone can suggest a list of files to publish from the good RaspBMC device, please state them and I will make them available for analysis.

I am wondering if it is possible to infer the syntax (of keyboard.xml) that would allow one to specify that ‘long press’ of the volume keys (F11, F12). If this is the case then the issue can be resolved by changing keyboard.xml. That being said, the more I think about it: it would seem that the long-press( to invoke sending multiple instances) of a keystroke does not work. If this is the case, then the root cause must be addressed before making changes to keyboard.xml. In this case, I am interested in suggestions for determining a test to diagnose where in the scheme of things the process fails. Long-keypresses of the enter key work fine on OSMC so, hopefully this lengthy comment will help arrive at a diagnosis.

I think these changes are caused by the kernel, rather than missing keymaps

Sam

@sam_nazarko: I am also arriving at a similar conclusion. If there is any test that I can perform that would help to confirm / refute this hypothesis, let me know. I am will consider testing from all concerned / participating.

Works also with the Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard