Logitech K400 Volume Key

In RaspBMC, holding down the up or down volume would advance the volume up or down respectively.

OSMC requires me to repeatedly press the volume up / down in order to advance to the desired volume. Has anyone had success configuring the K400 volume keys?

Actionable suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Some keymap changes are missing and this should be resolved soon

Sam

That’s good to hear. What is the best way to:

• determine when this been resolved?
  • determine how to update my device?

Thank you

Read the announcements at OSMC.tv is best for both.

S

Would it be helpful / constructive if I logged this task in the Issue Tracking System of record? Would it be helpful (when I return from abroad) if I were to find an old Raspbmc keyboard.xml file and post it to this thread?

Again, Sam has performed admirably to keep this ship afloat.

Yes, let’s compare keyboard.xml. If you can get it to work with some fiddling this would help other users

Sam

Try putting this in /home/osmc/userdata/keymaps and rebooting https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30655053/hama_mce.xml

Volume Down / Mute key failure on Pi2 with keyboard Logitech K400 is still unsolved.
Its definitly a show stopper for me using OSMC.
Could OSMC team manage to add the fixes to general build as recommended in 04 /2015 by another thread?

Sepp

volume keys from the keyboard a show stopper? Cant imagine that unless thats paying your rent :smiley:

Would you like to confirm that @Dilligaf’s xml file above does indeed work for you ?

We’re not going to include anything which hasn’t been tested and confirmed to work and the original posters didn’t bother to reply to say whether this file worked or not.

Two buttons on one particular remote not working (out of thousands of remotes that exist) that can be fixed by copying/editing a file is a “showstopper” ? Not really…

Hey.

Reasons for declaring it ShowStopper:
1) EndUser vs Experts
I am very sorry, but I am just an avarage end user loving its RaspberryPi 1+2.
But I am without linux knowledge. While my Raspi is in use as MediaCenter its vital functions are playing Video and Music to my Beamer and SoundStation controling all by Remote Keyboard and App (Logitech K400 and Android/iPhone App).
So Volume up/down are main vital functions… using my Pi as MediaCenter.
2) Complaint on Incident and Release Management
If an fix is available since 3 monhs - I would expect to get this implemented asap regarding impact and severety.
That means, is it really more important to release “Redesigned the OSMC skin to provide better colours” - instead of “Volume up/down” functions? Dont agree.
3) Customizing OSMC
I dont want to focus on customizing the OS.
I would need to concern about “Backup the System”, maybe using Test and Production Environment. Testing what happens when updating the OSMC… isn’t it?

But back to topic - I want to give it a try as recommended.

Requested Customisation:

• OSMC running on Raspi2 sending AV to Beamer, SoundStation while using
    Keyboard Logitech K400 / iOS app / AndroidApp

Question:
How can I copy this xml-file from Windows (XP, Win7 or Win 10 available)
to SD Card my Pi2 is using with OSMC installed?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30655053/hama_mce.xml

Ideas:

• using Linux Reader ?
  • try using WinSCP ?
  • Dropbox File exchange ?
  • OCMC web browser if existing?

Thanks for guidance/advices. Yours, Sepp

if we know that that fix actually fixes things, then sure, we would have, but I don’t have a Logitech K400 and I still don’t know if the fix we have resolves anything…

You are aware of these things, and presumably their function, but are waiting for us to advise you to use them?

Good question ActionA. I am absolutly not aware, but looking for one easy way to get this sorted.

Maybe an older post I read before?

Functionality was confirmed in 11 Apr 2015 (3 months ago):

Edit: Location - /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

Now, go forth and use your WinSCP to put the file into the mentioned directory. Or put it on one of your external drives or shares or whatever and copy it from there. The file will be eventually delivered, until then use the manual workaround.

The EXACT commands required to resolve your issue are provided IN that thread that you just linked as having read before!

1 Like

And here, in our wiki, provided freely to all users, are the instructions for getting to a command line by several different methods…

Just found it 2mins earlĂ­er . But Thanks a lot. Going to test.

Great. 1000 Thanks for great and very quick help. I didn’t want to invest more than one hour, but this makes fun, too.

Result:
OSMC on Raspi2 while using Keyboard Logitech K400 is working fine now (also the Volume up/down keys)!

Tested both ways that brought
Quick Workaround:

A) Used the Filemanager (Settings > File manager) and copy xml-file from USB device to /home/osmc/userdata/keymaps (thanks for that easiest idea @srmo)
(action requires Master User access to enter Root pathes)

… or…

B) Comandline

• Navigate to the power icon in OSMC
  • Select Exit
  • Press ESC on your keyboard
  • Login to your device (default is username: ocmc and pw: osmc)
  • Execute following command line steps: