Long press support on the OSMC remote

Depending on how you re-mapped it, you should be able to just hold down to lower / raise volume.

Strange, because I’ve never got this to work as you describe.
I’ve mapped it in the ‘Global’ section through the Kodi Key-map addon.

Under /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps i have a file named ‘gen.xml’ containg the following information:

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="227">volumeup</key><key id="226">volumedown</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

Putting device into suspend mode by long pressing “Stop” button please.

1 Like

This function would be a good addition, however in a sample of just one I would say using the home button for it might be better for WAF (that’s what she who must be obeyed says anyway lol)

Hi Sam,

Sounds good, however I rely on the volume keys as my vero is connected to a PC monitor, with audio via 3.5mm.

If holding down the Volume Up or Down keys counted as a long press, altering the volume would become very tedious (requiring multiple single button presses).

Best regards,
RR

1 Like

:slight_smile: maybe customizable options from the suggestions above?

so we can choose if we want mute or sdby or … or not per button?

cr

:wink:

1 Like

Yes – I’m sure it could be made configurable.
My goal here was to seek out some sane defaults

Sam

1 Like

I’m trying to map long press on the OSMC RF remote to turn off the TV. Something like this:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="37" mod="longpress">CECStandby</key>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

I’m guessing mod="longpress" doesn’t work currently?

Long press is currently supported with eventlircd

@sam_nazarko - can we now configure long press button inputs through the keymap editor? I am unfamiliar with eventlircd.
THanks

It’s a bit involving to set up currently, I think we’ll set some sane defaults instead.

Sam