Looking for info on shipment arrival?

Good evening… morning? Time is weird right now.

Anyway, ordered on July 5th, confirmed shipment happened on the 7th, still haven’t seen any handover to Canada post. Order number is 30157

Hopefully there’s some way to confirm what we are looking at for ship/arrival dates? I know the whole world is upside down right now, but would love some clarity. Thanks!

You should have been emailed tracking details. If you didn’t get this let me know and I’ll resend it.

Hi sam,

Thanks for the reply!

I do have the tracking info and I’ve been waiting for it to update. It’s at day 6 now and I’m concerned as there’s been no Canadian entry info.

I don’t know if there’s an updated estimate for Canadian shipments currently or if the dates have slipped from 3-5 days?

Thanks again

That means it’s in customs. This can take a while to clear and it will update once it does.

That’s disappointing. I expected it would be a relatively clear process getting into Canada.

We are at 8 business days and it’s still sitting in limbo.

Any tips of trying to expedite the process? I’m also a bit worried I’m going to get hit with duty and taxes which is worrisome.

You will not pay any customs / duties. We pay them on our side in advance.

Customers in Canada are experiencing delays of up to 4 weeks. This is because of slow customs clearance in Canada and is independent of courier used (it still goes through the same checks).

I will try and push this my side but usually this has the opposite effect - it flags the item for further inspection which takes longer.

Thanks

Sam

This has been a total nightmare.

It’s still not here. At one point it showed end of day delivery and now it’s gone back to delivery pending and I was told that basically it’s up to you to figure out what happened to it.

I know and get we are in a weird time right now, but I’ve not had a fraction of these issues with any other carrier or any other delivery. Heck not even with other Canada post deliveries.

Stung extra hard to get the “hope you’re enjoying your vero since you’ve had it for a while” email the other day.

Sucks because I’m out almost $200 Canadian and I still don’t have the product over a month later. And now I get the sinking feeling it’s never going to happen. Had I known there was such an extensive delay I don’t know if I’d have ordered.

At this point I just want my vero. If there’s anything you can do I would appreciate It.

Please see the international incidents bulletin regarding Canada: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

Start date: 16 March 2020
Latest Update: 1 August 2020
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Coronavirus

Update: 1 August 2020
CANADA DELAYS: All mail being sent from the UK to Canada is facing severe delays because of the on-going impact of COVID-19 and record volumes of traffic being received in Canada. We are processing the mail as normal in the UK, but delays are taking place once the mail reaches the Canadian border. As a result, we are unable to advise on likely delivery times.

Update: 1 July 2020
Canada Post has received unprecedented volumes of mail in the past months, particularly at their Toronto gateway. They are recruiting additional staff and working overtime to reduce the incoming volumes and accumulated backlog, and significant delays will be experienced. Some items may also be delivered out of date order. Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), responsible for customs clearance, has also experienced significant Coronavirus related staff absenteeism which added to this issue, but they are also now bringing in additional resource.

Update: 19 June 2020
There are no delays to letters and parcels leaving the UK destined for Canada. The overwhelming majority of items enter Canada via the Toronto gateway, where record levels of mail are creating significant delays at the entry point. Canada Post has been affected, as all logistics operations, with reduced staffing and social distancing requirements impacting on efficiency and processing times.

Until May, the majority of Tracked services were being delivered in under 15 days. Since w/c 11 May, already congested gateway operations have been further compounded by searches for Fentanyl (an opioid drug), required by customs authorities. This is causing additional delays.

Customers may also experience items being delivered out of sequence. This affects all mail, not just that from Royal Mail. For further updates, please visit the Canada Post website.

Update: 2 June 2020
Canada Post are experiencing extremely high volumes of mail, customers can expect significant delays as Canada Post recover. There are large backlogs in Toronto, new mail postings into Toronto can expect delays of 7-10 days above normal delivery aims.

Original Incident: 16 March 2020
Canada has put special measures in place from Monday 16 March, to limit the spread of Coronavirus. Canada Post need to comply and is also likely to have a reduced workforce available, and not be able to deliver all mail to specifications. Signature on delivery is suspended and delays to mail services can be expected.

1 Like

At a guess, I’d say you will get it end of next week. I sent two items to @anxdpanic a while back and he incurred significant delays for the second shipment.

You will definitely get it and I do apologise for the delays.

It’s 10pm on a Friday here so I can’t get hold of anyone but I will be pushing this on Monday morning first thing.

Sam

1 Like

@andsoitgoes42

I can certainly understand your frustration, as @sam_nazarko mentioned I am also in Canada and received two items recently.
The first item took ~9 business days iirc, and then second item was sent immediately after that item was received. This second item ended up taking 40 days total, 27 Canadian business days. It may take a while due to the current state of things, but I see no reason to doubt that it will arrive.

1 Like

And like that the gods of media have blessed me. Saw the postie delivering to another mailbox today, checked Canada post and my tiny little beauty has arrived.

Thanks Sam, appreciate you putting up with my impatience! Happy to have it here.

Now I can just cross my fingers in hope of full DV support, then my media collection will be complete!

1 Like

Better don’t get your hopes up. :wink:

1 Like

I know, I know. I can dream!