Losing settings when rebooting Vero 4k (and Vero 2)

I simply pointed out that saying “17.1 is not the latest” is not a helpful answer. AFAICT, 17.1 is the latest (Kodi) version.

In post #16 I referred to another thread in which the confusion between OSMC and Kodi versions was resolved. As I also explained in post #16 “Release 2017.03-1 comes in two versions: 17.1-RC2 and 17.1”.

Perhaps it might have been wiser for the OSMC version to have been incremented to 2017.03-2 with Kodi 17.1 but that’s not how it was released.

I am using Aeon MQ7 Skin.

here is the log with debug logs enabled:

http://paste.osmc.io/gevarekeni

thanks

Do you get the same behaviour in the OSMC skin or Estuary?

The pre-reboot kodi log doesn’t show any debug entries, indicating that you didn’t have debug logging enabled before you rebooted. You need to:

• Reboot
  • Enable Debug Logging
  • Make the change
  • Reboot
  • Check if the setting has changed
  • Upload the logs

Then tell us the new log URL and the setting you changed which reverted.

Ah again, bug just happened :disappointed_relieved:

With last version, release 2017.03-1.

So it is not fixed…!!!

Indeed.

I am starting to think this is a Kodi bug now, as we have all but reverted OSMC specific changes and this is affecting other platforms such as Pi.

If someone can give me an easy way to replicate these problems; I’ve fixed the easiest ones, I’ll look in to this and put it right.

Sam

the easiest way to replicate the issue is simply change your skin to another than the original, than do a view reboots and after a view reboots your settings will be deleted (skin, language, all is default again)

I hope this is the same issue. I could replicate this two times:

• Fresh OSMC installation on RP3
  • Choose Classic Skin instead of OSMC in the initial setup wizard
  • Kodi starts with the classic skin
  • Reboot
  • Kodi starts with OSMC skin

Thanks – that is great. I will try it tomorrow on a Pi. I know this is a Vero 4K topic but believe it affects all platforms.

Sam