Losing USB drive mapping Windows 10

Following a disastrous series of 12 power cuts in 30 minutes, 2 separate NAS boxes where zorched irreparably.

Drives have been wiped scanned and repaired.
One powered 3TB drive, formatted NTFS (Labeled Videos) had media copied to it into two folders called Movies and TV

I plugged this into my Vero 4K, downloaded SMB server from the store and bingo I could find the drives from my W10 machine with \Vero4IPaddress\Videos\Movies etc.

I could move files to it and share that drive to other devices.

Following an OSMC update… the mapping disappeared. Vero 4k can play the media, but I can no longer see Movies or TV content.

Is this an automount problem? This seems like it’s something I’ve done that hasn’t kept the mapping.

Are you just trying to access it with shortcuts you created, or have you double checked the ip address hasn’t changed and in explorer tried typing just \\<ip address> and see what shows up? We did add an update to staging that made some changes to the automounters naming scheme but I didn’t think that had made it to the general release and it shouldn’t have affected a mount point called “Videos”.

You might also try checking for updates via the terminal (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade) just in case there was some failure with the update.

Failing that I’d suggest to supply some logs…

how to submit a useful support request

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

That is terribly unlucky

I think that’s live now but would need to check.

Doesn’t hurt to reboot the client devices (PCs) as well.

Thanks, DD.
What made me suspicious is browsing to \\<ip address> I could see two folders osmc and 0ca3-19c3

I had seen Videos

ran the updates and an update and upgrade took place.
Checked my drive mappings, and back like magic.
Rebooted OSMC and W10 machines, and mappings remained (and browseable from OSMC on another Pi3)

the 2 Buffalo NAS drives were foolishly NOT behind the UPS after I’d rebuilt them, following a drive failure. One was configured to back up to the other. They were a replacement for a Netgear READYNAS that had died following a power failure. That recovered with Home NAS recovery.
These didn’t. Fortunately I had another back up to a separate, switched off HD.

So, I now have multiple 3 and 6 TB drives. One sitting happily behind Vero4K sharing my media. 2 with a second redundant copy. I may not bother with a NAS again.

Even got the SP/DIF going into my receiver and may be able finagle the old projector into use.

Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.

1 Like

You weren’t running RAID 0 were you?

Raid 1

But nothing got data back