Lost sound on everythig

I have lost all sound on everything on my vero 4k+ and it was working before with no changes. I swapped it out put a raspberry pi in its place and have sound. How does one get warranty repair?

Okay… so im not posting on git hub… I am on the forum. I did explain what’s the issue. Is there something else you want? Or is this just an attempt to stall/drag out the issue until I give up and go away?

Welcome to the forum.

In your first post you talk about getting a “warranty repair”. @k2u3 pointed you to a page which gives details about providing us on the forum with a set of diagnostic logs that will help us to diagnose the problem. In the vast majority of cases, issues are not because of a hardware failure and can be resolved by either tweaking settings or reinstalling OSMC.

It would also help if you were to describe your hardware set-up.

Okay, hardware setup, vero 4k +, connected to a Onkyo TX-RZ630 Amp, and that connects to a Benq W1070. Again, Eveything worked fine before, NO changes, then NO sound. I swapped out the Vero 4K + with a raspberry pi and I have sound. So, a) how do I do a reinstall of the OS on the vero, b) how do I get you the diag reports so you can determine what I have already concluded? The unit is bad…

a) Reinstalling OSMC - Vero 4K - OSMC
b) it’s explained in the link from k2u3, also here:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

You can open a support request for warranty replacement if you believe there is a hardware defect, but I’d be surprised if this is the case. Could be as simple as your audio being muted.

We are not asking you to open an issue on GitHub, just to provide a bit more information for us to go with.

Cheers

Sam

I note the Benq appears to have speakers. If true, there could be some CEC issue. Try turning all devices off at the wall, count to ten and turn them on again.

Indeed. A log should show us what’s up though.

I have unplugged everything over night with no change.

Please provide the log.

I will work on that today.

I finally got to getting the logs. https://paste.osmc.tv/utomawiqab

I reinstalled the OS and as of right now I have sound, no idea why.

You had HPD lock turned on. If you do that, you must turn on your AVR and beamer first before turning on Vero.

1 Like

I turned that off and I lost sound again

I see you sent me a log via ticket, as I wasn’t sure whom it was from or the issue at hand, I asked for more information, but we can pick it up here.

Please post logs again so we can see what happens when you turn on Vero with your other equipment already running.

I have given up, thrown it away and am currently looking for a more reliable replacement. Thanks.

You won’t get far in life with this attitude let alone on the Internet. Hopefully someone will pick it out of the trash and configure it properly