M2ts files playing too quickly on Vero4K+

I have a Vero4K+ on my main floor, and a rPi 3B in my basement both running latest OSMC version 2019.11-1. I’ve noticed recently that when I try to play back m2ts Home Videos from my Full HD AVC Sony Handycam that the playback is too quick. It wasn’t always this way - it used to play fine probably a month or so ago.

I held off on updating my 4K+ from kodi 17 to 18 until about that same time frame. However I kept my rPi OSMC install up to date with v18 releases. The same m2ts playback on the rPi instance is perfectly fine. I am using a combination of uPnP connection to my NAS as well as SMB mounts - both are problematic on the 4K+ only.

Yesterday on my 4K+ I stopped OSMC, moved .kodi directory to .kodiorig and started OSMC fresh again. Rebuilt the uPnP and SMB connections and the issue continues to persist. I also played around with disabling/enabling the hardware acceleration of video files - turning it off on 4K+ resulted in extremely slow playback - unusable.

The rPi hardware acceleration is different to the 4K+ - MMAL vs Amcodec (or something like that).

Please let me know how to get the best logs output for diagnosis.

Cheers,
Ed.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Here are the logs, thanks
https://paste.osmc.tv/zitabuluqo

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed.

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Looks like that did the trick Sam, eureka!
Can I ask what it was? A regression perhaps?

It’s a problem with refresh rate switching. It will be fixed in the form of an official release shortly. Thanks for confirming.

1 Like