MAC address Busy

Hi,

My LAN internet works good, however after stopping the (movie) player I have noticed in the info section that my MAC address and Internet is showing as ‘Busy’. This prevents me from playing directly another movie or TV show as the wheel keeps spinning. After a minute or so the status is changed from Busy to actual showing the MAC address and Internet to connected.

My internet is connected directly to the router with speeds up to 200.

Is this an issue from OSMC?

Debug enabled logs reproducing the issue may give us an idea where the problem is.
Also assuming you have configured DHCP on the Vero or static IP?

Thanks,

How to get log from Pi 4?

See below, also if it is a Pi4 suggest to stay in the testing thread.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thanks,

Please see log.

https://paste.osmc.tv/vinixowaqo

You have both Wireless and Ethernet activated. Deactivate the one that you don’t use!

I had similar issue when I was using wired only. Wifi was deactivated at that moment and still had same issues.

Is there anything else I can try?

Upload debug log with only one interface activated and reproducing the issue.

This is with wifi

https://paste.osmc.tv/yemoyuhaba

CPU Kodi is showing also 200% when I enable debug log. Is this correct behaviour and if not, not sure what is causing this.

From an underlying OS point of view the Wireless connection is not lost after the connection at 11:09.
So not sure why Kodi displays that issue. Is that shown in the Settings → System Info → Network dialog?

That sounds high for a Pi4. Might a coming from an addon.

Yes correct, showing in Network Dialogue as Busy.

Regarding the high cpu usage… I have plexkodiconnect & Arctic Horizon skin with TMDBhelper. Can I see somewhere if an addon is causing this?

No only by disabling them 1 by 1.
But Artctic Horizon could be eating some CPU, but not sure how much.
Could your network problem be related to power issues? Do you have proper power supply?

Showing Busy is normal behaviour in Kodi on first entry. It is not specific to OSMC. From my experience if you exit the screen, wait a couple of secs and go back in to the info screen it should show correctly.

Thanks for the support. Will disable the addons 1 by 1.

Regarding power supply… I have the official pi power adapter.

I have noticed that my 5GHZ Wifi is limited to 50mbps when checking speedtest. All my other devices are showing the max of 200mbps. Not sure why Pi4 is limited. Could this cause the issue?

Well the Pi4 is not one that supports all ac modes. But normally you should be able to get 120Mbit connect.
How did you measure the 50mbps?

I did by using the speed tester addon…

Well I always suggest to test speed with iperf3 between LAN devices.
Anyway that speed could be close to what you can achieve. You can install sudo apt-get install wavemon to check the wifi speed negotiated

Thanks- not sure how to install this line? Can you explain please?

I forgot install which I just added. So you just execute that after connecting via SSH to the Vero.

Details regarding how to access the command line interface can be found here on our Wiki: Accessing the command line - General - OSMC